2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2008, 02:55:50 PM
phils have 22 lob's in the 6th inning....lolol

batters have left 22 people on base

the phils have stranded 9 at the end of 5 innings...

there's a difference.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 17, 2008, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2008, 02:50:30 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on April 17, 2008, 02:42:57 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2008, 02:36:35 PM
The Phillies are 4-16 with men on base today.  That's incredible.

Hitting .250 is not incredible in a negative or a positive way.

you seriously really need to stop talking baseball

You tell me what's incredible about 4 for 16, then.  If it's simply that they've even had 16 guys on base, then Rome should have said it that way.

I'll stop talking baseball never.  You do realize that this whole flap is about me calling Kendrick the 3 and ignoring the 53-year-old Souderton native, right?

Baseball isn't as difficult as you would like to think, Billy Beane.

htting with runners on is a lot easier than hitting with the bases empty...im not gonna get into the definitions of incredible but the fact is you didnt know this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2008, 03:03:15 PM
htting with runners on is a lot easier than hitting with the bases empty...im not gonna get into the definitions of incredible but the fact is you didnt know this

The pitcher has to pitch from the stretch and worry about the runners.  Yes, that's very confusing for simple-minded folk like me.  I wouldn't expect you to try to explain it.

But it's still not incredible.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 17, 2008, 03:16:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2008, 03:03:15 PM

The pitcher has to pitch from the stretch and worry about the runners.  Yes, that's very confusing for simple-minded folk like me.  I wouldn't expect you to try to explain it.

But it's still not incredible.

actually it has little to do with that and mostly due to a pitcher having to throw strikes with men on
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2008, 03:22:09 PM
actually it has little to do with that and mostly due to a pitcher having to throw strikes with men on

It's good practice for a pitcher to throw a lot of balls with no men on, though.  That way, they can get someone on and just blame the bad outing on how much harder it is to pitch once there's a guy on base.

Rome

The past few posts make me long for more talk about Munson.

PoopyfaceMcGee

When Munson throws a ball, he glares up at the scoreboard, changing it to a strike.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

The interview with Ed Wade at the beginning of the game was fascinating.  He said he was happy that the fans finally had a winner to celebrate last year but also reminded everyone about the players the Phillies groomed on his watch (Rollins, Utley, Howard, etc.).

The sad thing is he's clearly in range for someone to hit him in the face with a full beer bottle but no one has taken advantage yet.

Romes.

Wingspan

Actually, if wade was just hired as a director of amateur scouting, like he should have been...he'd still be here, and deservedly so. There are a lot of his draft picks in the majors.

However, he is a PR nightmare in front of the camera, and his pro scouting was atrocious. Which is what led him to be such a poor GM.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, but scouting is way harder with no one on base.