2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

That logic is flawed because;

Victorino can't hit and Bruntlett can't bunt.

I hate this team sometimes, especially when they can't make routine plays. Errors all over the goddamn place, pitchers walking everyone and no one getting bunts down.

This sort of mirrored last seasons early series at Shea...farging sloppy. The good news is that come summer, the Phils will beat beatin that ass on the regular again.

Don Ho

I sure hope you're correct as I can't ake a whole summer of this shtein.  Victorino's going to find his ass on the bench all summer if he doesn't get with it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Problem is, who replaces him? Werth? Soooooo Taguchi? If they had a guy who could hit #2, they could drop him to 8th and just use him for his defense, but they have no one to hit 2nd.

Anyways, check this shtein out....from Mike Radano on how the Phillies blow peoples arms out.

QuoteNEW YORK - The relationship between the Phillies and Ryan Madson has become strained due to Madson's recent request for time off.
It's understandable that Madson - who entered the game in the seventh - is concerned about his arm. He lost two months last season after asking for a day off in Colorado and three weeks later he began a two-month DL stint that lasted through the season.
This has led to a current disagreement between the two parties.
After an 8-4 win in Cincinnati last Friday, in which Madson threw a pair of innings - 58 pitches in 3 1/3 innings over consecutive days - the reliever asked for some time off. With a clear memory of last season in place, Madson didn't want to push his luck this year as he had in July of 2007.
"The only other time I (asked for time off) was in Colorado (last July), two weeks before I got hurt,'' said Madson, who missed the final two months last season with a shoulder strain. "I said, 'Can I get a day off,' and I caught a lot of hell for it. I was surprised, because I had never said anything before.
"So going in (the coaches office) again was not what I wanted to do. But I knew if I would have kept throwing through it like I did last year, it would have progressively gotten worse."
"When does he want to pitch? Once a week? Once a month?" pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "We're concerned about him, but sometimes unfortunately you only have so many pitchers out there. Sometimes you have to work around things. Sometimes I guy has to get through an inning to save somebody else.
"Down the road I hope he is (a two-inning pitcher). When he's attacking the strike zone and getting early outs, then he can pitch more than one inning."

WTF Dubee?

Don Ho

Did he hurt himself when he helped pull the tarp over the infield in Colorado in July?  What's with Warden Dubee?  Sure, screw with the bullpen some more.  Mesa's just a phone call away.

You're right about Victorino.  Who the hell do you put at #2? 

Bring on the Cubs!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 11, 2008, 12:16:44 AM
Problem is, who replaces him? Werth? Soooooo Taguchi? If they had a guy who could hit #2, they could drop him to 8th and just use him for his defense, but they have no one to hit 2nd.

Anyways, check this shtein out....from Mike Radano on how the Phillies blow peoples arms out.

QuoteNEW YORK - The relationship between the Phillies and Ryan Madson has become strained due to Madson's recent request for time off.
It's understandable that Madson - who entered the game in the seventh - is concerned about his arm. He lost two months last season after asking for a day off in Colorado and three weeks later he began a two-month DL stint that lasted through the season.
After an 8-4 win in Cincinnati last Friday, in which Madson threw a pair of innings - 58 pitches in 3 1/3 innings over consecutive days - the reliever asked for some time off. With a clear memory of last season in place, Madson didn't want to push his luck this year as he had in July of 2007.
"The only other time I (asked for time off) was in Colorado (last July), two weeks before I got hurt,'' said Madson, who missed the final two months last season with a shoulder strain. "I said, 'Can I get a day off,' and I caught a lot of hell for it. I was surprised, because I had never said anything before.
"So going in (the coaches office) again was not what I wanted to do. But I knew if I would have kept throwing through it like I did last year, it would have progressively gotten worse."
"When does he want to pitch? Once a week? Once a month?" pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "We're concerned about him, but sometimes unfortunately you only have so many pitchers out there. Sometimes you have to work around things. Sometimes I guy has to get through an inning to save somebody else.
"Down the road I hope he is (a two-inning pitcher). When he's attacking the strike zone and getting early outs, then he can pitch more than one inning."

WTF Dubee?

No. And I am no fan of Dubee.

The season is 2 weeks old, he's pitched in 4 games in 11 days and he wants a day off? Please, Madsen is a Hoyda. Has been since 2006.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: Wingspan on April 11, 2008, 08:04:03 AM

WTF Dubee?

The season is 2 weeks old, he's pitched in 4 games in 11 days and he wants a day off? Please, Madsen is a Hoyda. Has been since 2006.

i agree that this is on madsen...you cant pull yourself because you think you might get hurt...you pull out if you think you are hurt

but youre wrong about two weeks into the season...pitchers are still building arm strength...60 pitches in 24 hrs is a lot for a reliever...madsen is probably right in that he shouldnt have went in again but that isnt his call and its something a player just cant do

as for the #2 spot put utley there till jimmy comes back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

WTF Dubee?

I'm saying Dubee shouldn't be coming out with that stuff, making it public. Madson, for a guy who cried about being a starter, should have the stamina and ability to pitch more. But if he is feeling hurt, then he should back out. Hoyda or not, they will need him in the later months.

I'm not Madson fan, but he's better than bringing in some shteinbag mid-July like Paul Abbott.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 11, 2008, 08:24:21 AM

WTF Dubee?

i agree that this is on madsen...you cant pull yourself because you think you might get hurt...you pull out if you think you are hurt

but youre wrong about two weeks into the season...pitchers are still building arm strength...60 pitches in 24 hrs is a lot for a reliever...madsen is probably right in that he shouldnt have went in again but that isnt his call and its something a player just cant do

as for the #2 spot put utley there till jimmy comes back
Okay;

Hacktorino
Utley
?
Howard
Burrell
Jenkins/Werth
Feliz
Ruiz

Where does Bruntlett go? DO you slide everyone up one? Put Jenkins/Werth at 3? Burrell?

Burrell, I guess, would be the best choice. And he splits up the L-L

ice grillin you

i agree neither should have went public....but to be fair dubee went public after madsen...

and madsen didnt say he was hurt or didnt feel good...he said he didnt wanna pitch three days in a row cause he is worried about getting hurt

Hacktorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Jenkins/Werth
Feliz
Ruiz
bruntlett
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 10, 2008, 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on April 10, 2008, 09:08:01 AM
Tee hee hee...  ;D

You keep piling up wins against the #4 starter with the MVP out of the lineup, and the Phillies will keep winning division titles.  How does that sound?

Keep = every 10-15 years or so, right?

Sounds good to me.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Reigning NL East champs until proven otherwise, brotherman.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 11, 2008, 09:24:06 AM
Hacktorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Jenkins/Werth
Feliz
Ruiz
bruntlett

This is what I would have done too, except I'd of had Bruntlett bat in the 9th spot.

Rome

So the Phillies lost last night in 12.  That sucks and stuff.

PoopyfaceMcGee