2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I was told in a chat during the game that Tim Redding was "a pretty good pitcher."

I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or break things.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 02, 2008, 11:02:51 PM
i think thats like the 14th loss in a row i went to. at least i bought standing room tix then found 2 seats in 114, so that was a victory in itself.

the game was awful, of course. king was money but dear god 1 farging hit against tim redding? awful. classy phils fans started showering the field in hot dog wrappers and water bottles after the game. god i love this town.

Was there some kind of fight going on down in the RF/RF line area? Late in the game you could hear a loud cheering coming from that area and all the people behind the plate were staring down that way.

But for real, this is the Phillies MO and has been for years now...

Slow April

Score runs one night, none the next

Get shut down by a pitcher who has no business shutting anyone down

WHy is it shocking anymore?

MDS

yea there was something going on. all i could see was people throwing things in one direction. my guess is some nats fan started acting like a douche and got what he had coming to him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 02, 2008, 11:28:16 PM
Was there some kind of fight going on down in the RF/RF line area? Late in the game you could hear a loud cheering coming from that area and all the people behind the plate were staring down that way.

there was something going on in the first inning down the rf line as well...you could see everyone looking and hear an icehole chant
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

My buddy told me this morning they were giving some Mets fan a hard time. Throwing trash at him and stuff. I approve.

Wingspan

Not that the phils would tell us the truth...but the recent roster moves tells me that there is no way Lidge is coming off of the DL this Saturday, you just don't activate a pitcher (Seanez) to help out the bullpen for 2 days in the first week of the season, and they definitely can not carry 13 pitchers (assuming Lidge comes off the DL).

If the saturday timeline was true, and Lidge would be ready on saturday, why sign Seanez and release Helms 2 days beforehand?

I dont think we see Lidge until May, has he even faced a Major League batter in a phils uni yet?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

BigEd76

They'll just get rid of Condrey or Lahey.  Problem solved.

Wingspan

Yeah, but why not wait until Saturday? You dump Helms when Lidge comes off the DL. I think Lahey is a rule 5 guy, and they like Condrey, he's a good long relief guy.

There was no reason to bring Seanez in unless they were replacing a RP. Seanez + Lidge would be 13 pitchers.

Lidge isn't coming off the DL on saturday. I'd bet your money on it.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Wingspan on April 03, 2008, 11:23:53 AM

Lidge isn't coming off the DL on saturday. I'd bet your money on it.

igy will be by shortly with the odds

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 03, 2008, 11:04:14 AM
They'll just get rid of Condrey or Lahey.  Problem solved.

or seanez

wing it could be something as simple as they wanted 12 pitchers until lidge came back...they said a couple times they werent comfortable with 11...and helms was never seeing the field as their bench is a strong point...the timing had more to do with them trying to get something for helms rather than release outright...when they realized there was no market for him they waited till last cuts by toher teams got seanz and aced helms

Wingspan

Could be, but I would be surprised if they turned around and cut the guy. You can certianly make it through 3 games with 11 pitchers if you're waiting for your closer to come off the DL...especially if your don't see any reason why he shouldnt come off the DL when originally scheduled.

Lidge is supposed to pitch in clearwater tonight.

My suspicion on this comes from the odd timing of it.
Connection Problems

SunMo

lol,  fast starts are overrated

so is good infield defense
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

5-0 Nats and still only 1 out in the 1st- they batted around. Howard dropped a throw from Rollins for a sure out and Utley butchered a throw to 1st that would have been a dp
farging bums

ice grillin you

moyer wont pitch out of the 5th inning once this year and hes their #3....unreal how this team thought it could win with a moyer kendrick eaton 3-5...whats the over under on number of wins from the 3-5 slots....18?