2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

The offense is hilariously bad right now, it's like they blew their load in the first half of the season. Statistically they have to be in the bottom 10 of the league in runs scored over the past 2 months.

MDS

pedro phillies is gonna start rehabing. its actually sad that its a good thing that hes close to coming back.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm still salty as farg about how overrated this offense is. And how much they seem to NOT care about it.

The only one who seems to give two shteins is Pat Burrell.

Jimmy Rollins is aloof.
Shane Victorino is dumb
Chase Utley is slacking
Ryan Howard is the king of the stupid who farted look when he strikes out, like every call was so bad he just cant believe it
Werth has been exposed
Jenkins should be offed
Bruntlett is useless
Ruiz gets a hit every two months
Coste is horrible
Dobbs is a poor defender who shteins the bed unless he's a PH

HATE

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 09, 2008, 01:43:24 PM
I'm still salty as farg about how overrated this offense is.

They are only overrated by people who overestimated their ability from the beginning. Anyone who objectively follows this team has known for 3 years it's a sink or swim offense with no consistancy. They have lacked a speed guy who will hit .310-.330 every season and have made no attempt to get one, with Stand Pat being happy with situational role players and forcing them to be everyday guys and his inherited sluggers.

They have better pitching this season, so they will win the division despite their flawed lineup but then get eaten alive by the cubs in the divisional round.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The only one who seems to give two shteins is Pat Burrell.

The fact this is true or even close to it means this team is superfarged.

Rome

Victorino clearly gives a damn too.  It's too bad his talent level doesn't come close to his attitude and work ethic.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hey, the Phils have plenty of guys with talent.  They usually choke on it, but at least they have some.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Wingspan on August 09, 2008, 01:58:51 PM
I'm still salty as farg about how overrated this offense is.

They are only overrated by people who overestimated their ability from the beginning. Anyone who objectively follows this team has known for 3 years it's a sink or swim offense with no consistancy. They have lacked a speed guy who will hit .310-.330 every season and have made no attempt to get one, with Stand Pat being happy with situational role players and forcing them to be everyday guys and his inherited sluggers.

They have better pitching this season, so they will win the division despite their flawed lineup but then get eaten alive by the cubs in the divisional round.
They don't need a speed guy.

Do you know anything about baseball?  What they need is a guy who can hit righties in rightfield, a third baseman who doesn't make a cagillion outs and a catcher that isn't having one of the worst seasons in the history of baseball. 

Speed is about 100th on the list of important things in baseball.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's why Burrell is so good.

Hey, where does "getting a hit in the bottom of the 11th with the bases loaded" rank on your list?

mpmcgraw

idk I mean he has gotten a hit in situations like that a ridiculous % of the time this year he was bound to make an out at some point.

PhillyPhreak54

Myers pitched great.

Charlie goes out to get him and I guess Brett didn't like it.

I flipped channels and when I came back the Pit feed had images of Myers and Charlie going at it pretty damn good in the dugout. Then it went down into the tunnel where both Manuel and Myers were in each others faces.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rollins is having himself a night.  Utley?  Yuck.

PhillyPhreak54

Rollins looks good tonight for the first time in awhile.

Utley got booed after K'ing with the bases loaded.

Myers said to Charlie "It's my farging goddamn game" when Charlie went out to the mound.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BUMS WIN!

(Why was Durbin out there instead of Lidge in the 9th?)

P.S.  Myers only threw 93 pitches.  No wonder he was pissed.  His wife should hide out at a friend's tonight.

Wingspan

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 09, 2008, 09:43:41 PM
(Why was Durbin out there instead of Lidge in the 9th?)

3 run lead, 25 pitched the night before, and a day game tomorrow is my guess. Although he was warming up once Durbin gave up the run.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.