2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

Quote from: MDS on August 01, 2008, 09:47:54 PM
pat burrell is such a hunk

he has been clutch this year and therefore, will not be resigned.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

should i write you guys one of my essays about why clutchness doesnt exist.

LBIggle

doing something good when your team needs it.  you know, the exact opposite of carlos ruiz.  nah, it probably doesn't exist.

MDS

pat burrell has a 28% chance to get a hit, 40% chance to reach base every time he comes to the plate. what inning it is means nothing.

LBIggle

MDS

no not really

its all odds and percentages basically. nerdy math stuff. saber nerds like mcgraw get boners when they get to talk about this stuff.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

that was an example of someone who hits right handers very avergely (not a word) doing what he was most likely gonna do.

also having bruntlett and ruiz lead off this inning does not bode well.

QB Eagles

Phils, Mets, Marlins all lose. Good thing the Bums are in a shtein division.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 01, 2008, 09:38:05 PM
hamels has given up 5 or more runs in six starts this year

he no longer deserves to be the king....he will have to earn that back

Sadly I agree.

His penchant for giving up the long ball is really hurting him. You could see from the jump tonight that his pitches were high and tailing out across the plate and it was only a matter of time until someone took him deep.

Too bad it had to be some shteinbag, Jerry Mathers or whatever his name is, wearing a damn non-roster invitee number.

He's has two piss poor starts in a row.

Oh, and then the text book definition of INCONSISTENT trots in there and gives up another bomb. Madson was shtein, then he was real good and now he's back to garbage again.

MDS

They just won 5 in a row. Yea Cole is a Hoyda and pitched like ass again, but 5 game winning streaks are gonna have to come to an end sooner or later.

mpmcgraw

its pretty bad when MDS is the voice of reason.

like really bad.

like harold and kumar bad.