2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

When it comes to the Sixers/Eagles/etc I suppose I'd take Howard's 'word' over Radano's, but not on the Phillies and certainly not when you read that link and he explains Hamels throwing yesterday and coming in the clubhouse today joking about wearing a cast tonight.  More importantly, for as great of a pitcher as Hamels is, he's a prima donna and self centered.  Remember in the playoffs last year when he said he would have refused to start a day ahead of schedule for fear of messing up his arm/rotation?  I have no doubt that if Hamels was injured he'd sit himself down.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 30, 2008, 09:28:57 PM
Good thing Werth came in for defense.  :boom

what's even funnier is he flopped right in front of the Phillie contingent in left field :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Phils win, Mets lose.  Back in first, for now.

BigEd76

that 3-way marlins trade was submitted to the commissioner for approval  :-\

Rome

Geowhizzer

Rome

Ramirez might be the most talented player of his generation.  Too bad he's also a fat, lazy malcontent who doesn't give a farg about anything or anyone but himself.

Toss his ass into a vat of acid for all I care.   If I had to choose, I'd still stick with Burrell in left.  At least he still seems to give a shtein.  Witness his comments about Uncle Cholly pulling him out in the seventh every night for proof of that.

PhillyGirl

If Manny thinks he's mistreated in Boston, wait until he plays in front of fans that could give a farging rats ass down in Florida.

LOL. Funny shtein.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Here's a picture of the collision between Victorino and McCann the other game.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 30, 2008, 10:32:07 PM
If Manny thinks he's mistreated in Boston, wait until he plays in front of fans that could give a farging rats ass down in Florida.

LOL. Funny shtein.

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to be playing in front of 16,000 a night.  And hey, they'll all speak his native tongue too!

:-D

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 30, 2008, 10:39:39 PM
Here's a picture of the collision between Victorino and McCann the other game.

hey Don, did they show that on the highlights, awesome play by the way
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

why would the pirates do that? is bay in the last year of his contract?

also does anyone of our loser dc people know if its true that the nats box office closes at 5?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous