2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 10, 2008, 02:23:25 PM
The clamoring for Pat to be in the ASG wouldn't be so ridiculous if on the other end of the coin, Howard wasn't being CRUCIFIED like he's the worst player on the team by the fans/radio.  Booing him and then campaigning for Pat to be in the ASG is ridiculous.

exactly

and this campaign is way more organized and promoted than anything else the fans have ever done like this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Howard could have been there if San Diego had someone else to represent them besides Gonzalez

and why is OPS a ridiculous stat to measure players?  I'm not into that ERA+ and VORP and BABIP and all that other geeky ish, but OPS is a combination of power and getting on base by any means....much more than looking at just batting average...

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: rjs246 on July 10, 2008, 02:15:44 PM
If I had to pick my favorite Phillie it would probably be Jimmy Rollins. But Rollins is having exactly same the kind of year he has every year except for last year. (Year.)

People pump him up to be this superman, and last year he was exactly that, but in general he's an above average hitter with great speed and a good glove and good leadership who is not the superstar that Phillie fans want him to be. What is he a career .280 hitter with like a .340 on base percentage? Whoopideedoo.

And that's all I have to say about that.

RJS doesn't like baseball.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 10, 2008, 02:26:35 PM
much more than looking at just batting average...

....and rbi and homeruns

im not saying ops is worthless but generally when people cite stats like that it means they dont have a very strong argument...82 rbi at the break easily cancels out whatever burrrells ops is

i mean if youre gonna go into it that deep then lets count fielding which automatically elminates burrell from the team (and possibly choke)

again this isnt an indictment on burrell and its not a comparison of the two players im just baffled by the love burrell is getting vs the hate choke gets and i cant wait for 5pm today when the vote for pat crap ends

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 10, 2008, 02:30:23 PM
I just gained a bit more respect for Sarge.

what did he say...i got larry andeson on talking about how hes voted for burrell 83 times today on his laptop

rjs246

Quote from: PPinDC on July 10, 2008, 02:27:56 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on July 10, 2008, 02:15:44 PM
If I had to pick my favorite Phillie it would probably be Jimmy Rollins. But Rollins is having exactly same the kind of year he has every year except for last year. (Year.)

People pump him up to be this superman, and last year he was exactly that, but in general he's an above average hitter with great speed and a good glove and good leadership who is not the superstar that Phillie fans want him to be. What is he a career .280 hitter with like a .340 on base percentage? Whoopideedoo.

And that's all I have to say about that.

RJS doesn't like baseball.

No running plus no collisions plus chewing tobacco = boring as shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

.282 avg, 48 runs, 22 hr, 54 rbi, 21 2b, 68bb....that's all-star worthy, Pat was picked by MLB or whoever to be in the vote-off and the team and fans are supporting him, just like they did Abreu just like they would do any Phillie that was in this position, same with Howard if he was in the vote-off
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

NO ONE is saying that its not All Star worthy.

But to see the fans all going crazy for him and then booing Howard in the same farging night is typically pathetic.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:33:01 PM

what did he say...i got larry andeson on talking about how hes voted for burrell 83 times today on his laptop

Alyssa Milano was in studio and Sarge said he heard she liked Tattoo's. She said yes she had some ink and asked Sarge if he had any. Sarge responded "I don't have any tattoo's but I like looking at them". Alyssa said I have two that you can see. Sarge is a pimp.

ice grillin you

abreus campaign didnt even sniff whats going on now with t shirts and guys camping out to try and get other fans to vote and every two seconds during the game the announcers talking about it ect..

and burrell is maybe the third best guy of the five who are up for the spot...the only way he deserves a nod is if the rosters were expanded

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 10, 2008, 02:41:27 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:33:01 PM

Alyssa Milano was in studio and Sarge said he heard she liked Tattoo's. She said yes she had some ink and asked Sarge if he had any. Sarge responded "I don't have any tattoo's but I like looking at them". Alyssa said I have two that you can see. Sarge is a pimp.

sarges pimp hand stay strong

PhillyGirl

83 RBIs, NL leader in HRs.

4-1 phils

He sucks.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you