2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I knew steriods farged up your junk, but that is rediculous. 

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRollins Scratched From Lineup

Jimmy Rollins is out.

He has been scratched from tonight's lineup against the New York Mets at Shea Stadium because of a sprained left ankle. Rollins, who had been penciled into the lineup earlier this afternoon, injured the ankle in yesterday's 5-2 victory over the Mets on a pickoff attempt at second base.

Rollins had the ankle taped before he took part of the team's stretch a few minutes ago. He was limping noticably. He is having problems moving to his left, so it has been decided he can't play

Quote"It hasn't changed from yesterday," Rollins said. "It never felt bad. It's never been swollen. My mobility going left to right is pretty sore and that's where my game is, especially defensively. Me at 50 percent and Eric (Bruntlett) at 100 percent, I'll take my chances with him. I don't think (it will linger), and I hope it doesn't. It's just sore. It isn't anything more than that right now."
Rollins will have x-rays taken of the ankle before tonight's game. Shane Victorino will hit first in Rollins' absence. Bruntlett will hit second.
If this injury happened later in the season, Rollins said he probably would play. But this is Game No. 9, so there's no reason to rush it.
"I want to go out there and play every day, but Joe Morgan and Milt (Thompson) said it, they agreed, you go out there on a bad ankle you start getting some bad habits at the plate," Rollins said. "My swing feels pretty good right now so I don't want to start that."

ice grillin you

mets new stadium looks like its gonna be really good...not as good as erin andrews tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2008, 07:08:52 PM
mets new stadium looks like its gonna be really good...

It was almost completely privately funded.  That pretty much explains it.

PhillyPhreak54

Goddamn. :-\

Great job by Kendrick tonight. And an even better job by this defense.

AGAIN, the infield defense is trash. Pure farging trash. Utley let one get through, then Ruiz throws one almost down the line and now Bruntlett looks like a fargwad in trying to field one.

You can only give a team so many chances until they start to take advantage.

Gotta hope for another Phils comeback.

PhillyPhreak54

Bruntlett proceeds to make ANOTHER error. 6-1

Then Durbin throws a 59 foot slider, wild pitch 7-1.

Pieces of shtein.

Time for Uncle Charlie to rip into these iceholes for their shoddy defense.

MDS

OH MY GOD THEY LOST A GAME IN APRIL THE SEASON IS OVER
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

youre just salty you started that bum kendrick on your fantasy team....why do you have him again?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 09, 2008, 08:59:55 PM
OH MY GOD THEY LOST A GAME IN APRIL THE SEASON IS OVER

Its not even about that; its about the motherfargin zesty defense these clowns have been playing since the season started. And its not even Choke Dawg who is makin' the errors. Its guys like Rollins and Ruiz who are pretty good with the glove. Utley is a butcher too, and he's made a few. Then that dope Bruntlett makes two in a row.

Lack. Of. Focus.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2008, 09:01:02 PM
youre just salty you started that bum kendrick on your fantasy team....why do you have him again?

i was trying to prove a point but its clearly backfired.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2008, 09:15:58 PM
ha

ill give him, paul byrd and that icehole brian wilson one more game to get their shtein in order. OR ELSE THEY GONE.