DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

money always talks except when you have the track record the eagles FO does.  no one is saying it's the end of the world.. it's a football team that none of us plays for.  but no one can deny this set the eagles back while also making a division rival better.  they had a chance to contend this year.  now who knows. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on April 02, 2014, 07:42:49 PM
So all is lost now right ?

not all.....just the eagles biggest offensive weapon to a division rival for nothing in return
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Washington is an ideal destination because players know Danny will cake them off and pay a higher signing bonus because he's irresponsible with the way he runs the franchise. See my Haynesworth post from earlier. There's a reason De$ean chose them first, it had nothing to do with anything other than getting the highest signing bonus he could. Good for him. He wanted money, he got it. It'll be gone by the time he's 35 but he's gonna love the shtein out of it for the next 8 years.

Heck, even Art admitted as much in his Cap Hell article.

Rome

This is freaking T.O. all over again.

My only question is are we going to burn Pimp's jersey on the fence at C6 or what?!?

Because I'm IN on that.

hbionic

This is not the T.O. Situation by a long shot.

Not even close.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

TexasEagle

Quote from: LBIggle on April 02, 2014, 07:49:25 PM
it's a football team that none of us plays for.  but no one can deny this set the eagles back while also making a division rival better. 

Agree. I was irked they didn't/couldn't get anything for pimp before dumping his ass on the curb but I got over it in about 5 minutes. I was more shocked than anything else. Now... who gives a farg. Constantly bitching about it won't change reality.

they had a chance to contend this year.

Disagree. Unless they picked up a slew of Defensive studs in the draft they're still way too weak on D to shut down anyone good in the playoffs.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2014, 07:49:34 PM
Quote from: smeags on April 02, 2014, 07:42:49 PM
So all is lost now right ?

not all.....just the eagles biggest offensive weapon to a division rival for nothing in return

Even with something in return, the reasons would have been the same which were stupid. I'm pretty sure Jackson is not going to have any problems the rest of his career. Worst thing he did was demand more money.

TexasEagle

Now that's not to say I don't think they'll make the playoffs. I still they've got a good shot. But making the playoffs and contending for a Super Bowl are two different things. I don't think this team is good enough, even with the draft, to make a Super Bowl run this year. Just don't see it.

LBIggle

Quote from: TexasEagle on April 02, 2014, 08:16:01 PM
it's a football team that none of us plays for.  but no one can deny this set the eagles back while also making a division rival better. 

Agree. I was irked they didn't/couldn't get anything for pimp before dumping his ass on the curb but I got over it in about 5 minutes. I was more shocked than anything else. Now... who gives a farg. Constantly bitching about it won't change reality.

they had a chance to contend this year.

Disagree. Unless they picked up a slew of Defensive studs in the draft they're still way too weak on D to shut down anyone good in the playoffs.

that was the main gripe.. letting him walk and having him picked up by a division rival that most recently won the divison before the eagles did this past year.  but at this point i think not having any sort of explanation is the most frustrating thing.

if they make the playoffs anything could happen, especially if they get the favorable match ups.

Rome

Quote from: hbionic on April 02, 2014, 08:15:24 PM
This is not the T.O. Situation by a long shot.

Not even close.

Yes it is.  We're going to get together at a tailgate, get shteinfaced, eat a lot of charred meats, and burn the farg out of a jersey.

It's exactly the same thing, damn it.

Wanna go?

PhillyPhreak54

Shouldn't burn the jersey. Get a brooks brothers button down and a pair of loafers and light them up along with a picture of Howie. He's the bad guy here.

And a visor and a duck in honor of Chip.

Then you can eat the duck for pregame meal. Along with some crack juice!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote"[Seeing how taterskins fans are], them fans are kind of crazy. I mean, Philadelphia is a little crazy, too. But here, I feel them embracing me a little more."

hbionic

LBIggle

i hope he ends up in the mass shootings thread.  or the bloods get him.  or the crips.  or cooper.  whoever.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.