DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

farg these iceholes. Howie and Lurie are farging gutless. They're not even going to talk about it.

No trade....just a straight up release.

Much like not commenting earlier on this they're going to let it fester and it's gonna be a circus.

What a joke. A goddamn joke.

BigEd76

Quote from: TexasEagle on March 28, 2014, 01:14:35 PMSo they have a gimped Maclin, a slow Cooper and... um... who would be the and??

Whoever they draft in the first or second round

Zanshin

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 28, 2014, 01:22:00 PM
farg these iceholes. Howie and Lurie are farging gutless. They're not even going to talk about it.

No trade....just a straight up release.

Much like not commenting earlier on this they're going to let it fester and it's gonna be a circus.

What a joke. A goddamn joke.

This isn't all directed at you, Phreak. I'm not a homer for the FO, but what were they going to do?

They tried to trade him. They couldn't. They didn't want to say much while they were looking into the issue and attempting the trade.

They decided that he was bad news and a public relations nightmare waiting to happen. If they kept him, and the lid blew off, then they'd be on the hook because they knew.

They decided they wanted to keep their hands as clean as they could of the association with a gang of murderers, and that Jackson was getting worse and affecting the team.

If all of that is true, were you thinking that they'd just hold on to him and hope for the very best?

Not everyone is going to agree with the assessment, but they did a risk/reward proposition and the value wasn't there, so this is the result.

shorebird

So they're saying he has affiliations with L.A. gangs, and has a suspected murderer in the fold at his record company. Interesting, and yeah, after hearing that, like Zanshin, I can understand the concern.

The article also says the rapper T-Ron who records for Jackson's label was acquitted of the murder charges.

It's a farging shame, and this team will feel his loss for years to come.

smeags

assuming the things in the article are all true i'm not sure how you blame anyone but jackson for this situation.

also how many of you would have a job if your employerin multi murder cases ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

I'm gonna say this, if he was let go because he knows guys who killed people, STUPID.  Anyone ever hear of Ray farging Lewis.  So I'm gonna wait to see what else drops, because if they made this move I honestly think there has to be more dropping. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 28, 2014, 01:34:16 PM
I'm gonna say this, if he was let go because he knows guys who killed people, STUPID.  Anyone ever hear of Ray farging Lewis.  So I'm gonna wait to see what else drops, because if they made this move I honestly think there has to be more dropping. 

According to the article, his name was directly connected to two killings. That's a trend. And they didn't want to be part of that trend, particularly if they thought it was getting worse.

LBIggle

Quote from: TexasEagle on March 28, 2014, 01:14:35 PM
I actually had to login just to say... wow!

I really thought this one would just blow over. I'm stunned. So they have a gimped Maclin, a slow Cooper and... um... who would be the and??

same.

Maehl baby.  WR just went from a position of strength to a position of need while costing them $6 mil in the process because they don't like who he hangs out with. 

BigEd76

Quote"First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly. I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed [sp] for bringing me in. Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."

smeags

im over this already. time to move on. he's gone. get over it.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

first real thing to happen in weeks in the offseason and smeags tell us to move on.  cool.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

How do you misspell Reid unless you're IGY with quirky nicknames
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

JackStraw

I wonder if he was given any chance at redemption? Did he blow it off? Maybe. But he will be picked-up after suitable time for free by another team. And will play well for them. And so if it was the thug thing shouldn't the league ban him for a year?? yeah right

Wonder what NFLPA will say? Race card to follow shortly and I'm not sure in this case its as easily dismissed - not sayin valid, but will get traction.

And the Eagles did not improve during off season. And bullshtein drama follows this farging team and fargs it up. From Reggie White FA cluster farg all the way to this. farging coaches son flashing heaters while high on smack and road rage and he farging gets a farging cake and hugs all around? this was farging poorly thought out by FO
Endless regression to the mean

ice grillin you

i will give the front office a pass if this move was greatly influenced by the nfl office because of the aaron henandez thing and pimp never plays in the league again

but if someone else signs him then farg lurie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

After reading the article, as far as I can tell, Jaccson didn't do anything wrong. The Eagles are dumb