DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

I'm going to believe this is all pre-draft misdirection, and the onset of the draft will end all this talk. If I'm right, the Eagles win a Super Bowl this year...guaranteed

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 24, 2014, 12:39:52 PM
Howie is avoiding all questions about pimp, simply saying "He's still under contract", but he said a few times that WR is the deepest and best position in this draft

Howie's grown on me a bit. He made some good moves last offseason, and was the driving force behind bringing Chip here...plus he's personable. Maybe he's not Philly personable but he's a million x better than Banner. That being said, the above is a Banneresque type of quote.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20140325_DeSean_s_days_as_an_Eagle_are_all_but_over.html

So it looks like this one is all on Chip. The God Complex didn't take long to come out. Successful in his first year obviously means that he believes his offense is revolutionary and that it operates on plug and play rather than talent.

And WTF is this shtein?

QuoteNFL sources have indicated that the Eagles decided to move on from Jackson after his South Philadelphia home was burglarized in early January.

Jackson, who was away at the time of the burglary, told police that $200,000 in cash was stolen as well as a 9mm handgun and jewelry valued at about $125,000.

There were no signs of forced entry, police said, though security cameras in the house had been tampered with. Police said they have nothing pointing toward Jackson's doing anything wrong or that he filed a fraudulent report.

Totally a reason to get rid of a talented player!

So in summary Chip wants us to know that Smoothies, loud practice music and a fast paced offense are greater than talent.

Eagaholic

Unless there's some hidden reason they have to get rid of DeSean now, I hope Howie has the sense not to trade him for anything less than a 5th rounder. If they don't need the cap room, better to hold on to him right up until the beginning of the season if need be. Teams always get injuries etc. and get stuck needing a good player. Coaches/gms on the hot seat might get desperate if their top wr goes down.

PhillyPhreak54

Plot twist?

QuoteDesean Jackson ‏@DeseanJackson10 7m

Good to Talk to BIg Chip today !! Say or hear what ya want !! The Picture speaks for itself !! Winner...

http://instagram.com/p/l9Cs-DuNmJ/

http://instagram.com/p/l9Cs-DuNmJ/#

Eagaholic

MDS

"hey desean we tried to trade you but no one is offering us anything higher than a 4th, so we're gonna keep you"

"thx coach u be ma homie i respek u fo real birdgang 4 life jaccpot"
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

What scares me most is Cooper on one side and the gimp Maclin on the other side with no one else.

These guys are idiots and it's the reason I don't think they'll trade him.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on March 25, 2014, 02:08:20 AM
What scares me most is Cooper on one side and the gimp Maclin on the other side with no one else.

well to be fair they do have other weapons...shady sproles tight ends.....tight ends specifically chip loves....but why would you take your biggest threat off the team for no reason...a threat that helps everyone else tremendously...this isnt about the offense sucking if pimp goes....he isnt that good....the organization wont fall apart...and the franchise isnt going to shrivel up and move to manitoba...but he would be the difference between the offense being potentially all time great versus a very good offense in 2014

bottom line is you dont make your team significantly worse for no reason....especially on the side of the ball that is relied on to carry the team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

McLane (every time I write his name I think of the movie Die Hard) said that "sources" have told him that DeSean has called teammates to tell them that he is staying after his conversation with The Chippah.

So either he really stays...meaning they couldn't get shtein for him on the market or because they were just floating him out there to see what the value was...or Chip tells him that and then they deal him anyways and he proceeds to blast the Eagles for lying to him.

Fun times.

ice grillin you

or pimp is just farging with the eagles

or the talk went well but nothing was was said about whether hes coming back and pimp is misinterpreting the conversation

or chip said if it was up to me you will be back

or.....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Or it was all bullshtein speculation by a pack of ravenous mongrel reporters who use anonymous sources instead of insisting on them going on the record.

SD

Howie doesn't comment "he's under contract" if there's nothing to it. Not like he's unaware of what's going on.

Pretty sure the Eagles pulled some psychology on Desean. They don't want him dogging it and crying for a new contract...they showed him he's expendable and they're willing to move on without him. Throw in a deep wr draft and they may have played this right.

Good cop: Chip
Bad cop: Howie

Rome

I'm still hoping they go WR in the first.