DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

That was their last significant win.  After that it all went to shtein.

reese125

The Eagles can get out of DeSean Jackson's five-year, $47 million contract relatively pain free following the 2013 season.

Jackson's deal contains $15 million guaranteed, $14.75 million of which are paid in the first two seasons. He received a $10 million signing bonus and base salaries of $750,000 and $6.75 million in 2012 and 2013, respectively. In 2014, Jackson's base salary leaps to $10.25 million, and only $250K of that number is guaranteed for both skill and injury. So, essentially, Jackson's deal can be reduced to a two-year, $17.9 million commitment.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 30, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
Pimp bein pimp

He didn't wait long to acquire some new bling. $100 says the first thing he bought was new rims.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: SD on April 30, 2012, 06:51:00 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on April 30, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
Pimp bein pimp

He didn't wait long to acquire some new bling. $100 says the first thing he bought was new rims.

$1000 says he'll be broke 5 years after he retires.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

MDS

yea i know right

what a dumb stillupfront

why do we give them money lol jk
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

You give him money 'cause he's worth it and is an outstanding football player. What he does with it is up to him and as long as he's on the field helping the Eagles win games I could give a flying farg how he spends his money.

mussa

It will be interesting to see how worth it he really is this year, now that he got his money and all...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

The only worry I have about Jackson at this point is health.  I predict he will suffer another concussion and miss four to six games, and possibly more.

There isn't a lot of room for him to soak up punishment before he's broken, if he isn't already.  I think he's genuinely gunshy, and not that his alligator arm performances last year had anything to do with protecting his health while waiting to get paid.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

To me he hasn't been the same player since that D. Robinson hit, and rightfully so. I really hope he can over come all that and be that big threat he is capable of being. And we pray...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

Quote from: mussa on May 01, 2012, 07:18:45 AM
To me he hasn't been the same player since that D. Robinson hit, and rightfully so. I really hope he can over come all that and be that big threat he is capable of being. And we pray...

his first game back from the concussion he went for 7-109-1

a month after the concussion he had his career high yardage game 4-210-1

the concussion has little to nothing to do with his numbers...several factors:

1. vick has regressed
2. the offensive line has struggled much of the last two years not allowing him the time to get deep
3. shady has emerged big time...2009 he had 173 carries - last year 263 carries
4. contract issues last year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Diomedes

All of those factors clearly play a role.  And let's not forget that the Miracle at the New Meadowlands happened a couple months after the Robinson concussion.

Still, the point is that brain injuries are cumulative and he's already had his share.  One more could be disastrous, so I assume it will happen sooner than later.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger