DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

I think they tag him as well. The franchise tag system is diff now as the the cost has come down considerably. They can tag Jackson for a little over $9 million--which will probably cause even more of a shtein show.

The can put a non-exclusive tag on him--let him negotiate with other teams and see how committed the eagles are to match, or let him go and receive the 2 1st rounders as compensation. I take the latter no question.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on November 29, 2011, 10:07:07 AM
I think they tag him as well. The franchise tag system is diff now as the the cost has come down considerably. They can tag Jackson for a little over $9 million--which will probably cause even more of a shtein show.

the new formula is irrelevant because even if they tag him theres zero chance hes plays next season on a tag

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

thats fine--he can opt not to sign it and pout until he gets kick out or prove his worth that he can stay on the field and actually catch footballs

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on November 29, 2011, 10:36:59 AM
thats fine--he can opt not to sign it and pout until he gets kick out or prove his worth that he can stay on the field and actually catch footballs

or the eagles can choose not to franchise him or franchise him then pull the tag and let him sign elsewhere...or he can sign the tag and get paid nine million for short arming balls all year...point is theres almost no chance he plays under a franchise tag

either way this will not end well for the eagles

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

because pimp will not be in an eagle uniform next year

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ways it will end:

1. The Eagles re-sign DeSean to a contract he likes. He underperforms.
2. The Eagles re-sign DeSean via franchise tag or short-term contract. He overperforms or underperforms.
3. The Eagles do not re-sign DeSean. He kills it for another team, possibly a rival.
4. The Eagles do not re-sign DeSean. He sucks ass for his new team, but the Eagles don't have a replacement for his lost value anyway.
5. DeSean spontaneously combusts but not while next to Joe Banner.
6. Joe Banner spontaneously combusts right before putting the deal on the table. Andy dies, but surprisingly not of a heart attack. Howie becomes team President and Head Coach. The Eagles go 1-15 in 2012 and plan an anniversary celebration in 2013 for Roseman's first NFL win.
7. farg you.

hbionic

:-D

IGY, I cant see that happening, although everything that has happened on and off the field indicates you would probably be correct. It will be this frachises biggest blunder.

ice grillin you

i say it for two reasons:

1. if my memory serves me correctly lj smith is the only eagle ever to play a season under a tag...maybe someone else can add to this list but i cant recall any others

2. if they wanted to lock him up long term they would have done it long ago

Sgt PSN

Franchising him makes practically no sense unless they do it with the intent of buying a little extra time to work out a long term deal.  If they aren't willing to pay him $9 mil this year, why would they be willing to next year?  Granted, franchising him is only a 1 year deal so there's no long term investment in him, but it still doesn't make any sense.  He's good enough to franchise but not good enough to pay long(er) term? 

hbionic

I think not doing a deal this season had to do with showing up the player...and maybe knowing there was a chance this season was going to tank (hard to believe with all the signings though).

Maybe its a contingency plan that if this seaoson DID bomb, they would get rid of Reid, and save face by extending the popular Desean Jackson and the Eagles FO would look pretty coming off a horrible season and getting rid of the beloved Andy Reid.

Maybe?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 29, 2011, 12:32:34 PM
Franchising him makes practically no sense unless they do it with the intent of buying a little extra time to work out a long term deal.  If they aren't willing to pay him $9 mil this year, why would they be willing to next year?  Granted, franchising him is only a 1 year deal so there's no long term investment in him, but it still doesn't make any sense.  He's good enough to franchise but not good enough to pay long(er) term? 

i agree with all this...its why i said if they tag him its going to be out of spite and to delay him hitting the open market...i could see them tagging him and pulling tha tag off in late june

buts its not just the 9 million its the nine million with the risk of him not putting forth 100% again...players hate the franchise tag even if they ultimately end up signing...and regardless of the fact that pimp would be making a lot more its still a one year deal and hes still another concussion away from his career possibly ending or at the very least from his ever getting his big pay day...i just cant see the eagles paying him 8.4 million more than this year witht he fear of them getting the same results

Rome

The Eagles have repeatedly tried to sign him to an extension.  They want him (although now probably less than they did previously) just not at whatever retarded price he and Drew are demanding.

I'd love him to be reupped but it's just not gonna happen at his asking price.  And after watching him this season there's no way they should break the bank on him.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 29, 2011, 12:49:13 PM
The Eagles have repeatedly tried to sign him to an extension.  They want him (although now probably less than they did previously) just not at whatever retarded price he and Drew are demanding.

I'd love him to be reupped but it's just not gonna happen at his asking price.  And after watching him this season there's no way they should break the bank on him.

lol

MDS

jesus how far up banners butt is rome?

and i say this because i love rome but he is an old angry fart, yet a perfect representative for 60% of the fan base, so most people probably feel the same way--i.e. siding with management and their lowball, spiteful offers over pimp.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.