DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on August 30, 2011, 06:04:36 PM
Well, it's something at least:

Quote"Getting into the specifics can only be counter-productive," said Banner. "We think that DeSean is a great player and we're lucky to have him and we appreciate that he's here now and working as hard as he is. Anything else beyond that is just not good for the process, which is what I have to be focused on."

It's straight forward and I prefer it to Reid's double talk and bs.

shorebird

Only thing I want to hear on the subject is that he's finally been extended. Anything other than that is just public posturing on the part of the FO.

SD

Spadaro

QuoteI think that the front office understands the importance of the deal. As I said, though, it's a complicated negotiation. I would be very, very surprised if something isn't done in the next week, but I'm just guessing.

Rome

I'm in DeSean's shoes, I don't come close to risking injury.  That's why it's so vital that they get this done before the season starts.  They might be greedy arrogant pricks, but they're not stupid, so it stands to reason it will.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

He's gotta stay relevant somehow....stirring up some shtein is his game

Diomedes

If a contract isn't signed before 1:00 on Sunday, then yes, Jackson should not play. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Howie and Joe were busy on that Akeem Jordan extension! Cut 'em a break!

Rome

I honestly don't care if Desean plays or not.  They won't need him Sunday anyway.  I was referring to T.O. coming back to Philly.

If anyone ever deserved to die in a fiery crash on the Schuylkill, it's that POS.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on September 06, 2011, 10:00:10 PM
I honestly don't care if Desean plays or not.  They won't need him Sunday anyway.  I was referring to T.O. coming back to Philly.

If anyone ever deserved to die in a fiery crash on the Schuylkill, it's that POS.

I'm glad you're more of an optimist than I about Sunday. I think the Eagles more likely win but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they lose by 10 points.

As for TO dying in a fiery (thanks, just learned how to spell that word) crash, you have to admit it would be awesome to see some televised ab crunches on the gurney before his last breath. I would actually go back to being a TO fan.

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on September 06, 2011, 09:55:18 PM
If a contract isn't signed before 1:00 on Sunday, then yes, Jackson should not play. 

Normally, I'd say that he's under contract, he should play. But I'm starting to change my mind with the Pimp situation. When you look at the deal the Eagles have been getting the past two years with no more than they've been paying him, (no doubt it's been the best return on an investment any team in the NFL has had), it makes me think they should do the right thing and pay the man. He hasn't said boo about it, he came to camp, he's seen Vick get his monster contract, it's time. And it should happen before the game on Sunday.

PhillyGirl

If Pimp goes out and gets hurt on Sunday, he's not "taken care of" in any sense of the phrase.

They need to get him a contract extension, a fair one, or I agree with TO.

Now, pardon me while I go shower that last part of the sentence off of me.  :paranoid
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DH

Mikey Miss threw him a softball and he took it. No one is a bigger TO hater than me, but he did nothing wrong in saying what he said. Miss asked him if he would play this week if he were Desean and he said he wouldn't - what would you expect him to say?

He also said playing here was the best year and a half of his career. I cant take anything this man says seriously.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 07, 2011, 08:05:51 AM
Now, pardon me while I go shower that last part of the sentence off of me.  :paranoid

Pics?