DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

some notables on the roster who will make more money this year than pimp

owen schmitt
king dunlap
sinorice moss
jon dorenbus

SD

This holdout is just the icing on the cake of a zesty offseason.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

The beginning of the league year was an unprecedented skirmish, and it only started two days ago. Even if the FO has it as ONE OF the top priorities to re-up DeSean (and Vick for that matter), there is a shteinload to do with shoring up the roster (signing picks, trades, FA acquisitions) that are much more time-sensitive than giving any players under contract a new one.

So while the FA signings aren't coming nearly as fast as we would like, the FO has signed 9 of 11 draft picks, signed 11 UDFA's, worked out most (if not all) the details of the Kolb deal, set up a quickie training camp in Lehigh, signed Babin, and is likely working on plenty of other things we somewhat suspect/hope for and others we wouldn't even guess.

Basically, it will take at least a week for DeSean's holdout to creep (a la the Braves) up to the top of the priority list. Then, we can only hope that he will be paid, even if the Banner/Reid regime usually gets quite vindictive during and after holdouts.

So my schtick is that DeSean is an absolute nimrod for expecting the Eagles to get him a shiny new contract inside the two days before training camp. I wouldn't blame him one bit for holding out if they had three months to cake him and still didn't. I hope for the best but can only assume that this will end poorly, as pretty much every other Eagles player holding out has.

SunMo

it's pretty farging incredible that anybody out there would be against him in his holdout.  but as i look at the comments on various articles, you have farging retarded people calling him selfish and that his "antics" don't deserve a new contract. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on July 28, 2011, 11:33:33 AM
it's pretty farging incredible that anybody out there would be against him in his holdout.  but as i look at the comments on various articles, you have farging retarded people calling him selfish and that his "antics" don't deserve a new contract.

Word. There's NO excuse for him to be going into the last year of his contract making 560K. I know all the BS with the CBA last year not allowing it to happen and that's fine... but these are they same guys that extend guys they think are players 2 years into their rookie contracts. Pimp should have been paid years ago.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD

I'm 100% on Jackson's side and if the Eagles had any sense whatsoever they would have had a contract waiting for him when the lockout was over. If Holmes is worth 5-$50 million then Jackson is worth at least that.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think risking injury with that contract would be an awful idea. Wish Andy would have talked him in to coming to Philly, dropping his agent off at NovaCare, and feigning an injury to avoid most drill work. The short time frame here really sucks.

That said most pundits, locally and nationally, seem to agree that it is only a matter of time. Circle August 27, because if he doesn't show by then, he wouldn't get credit for this year of service.

So I will continue by hedge strategy here:
-don't blame Jackson for holding out, glad he's not risking injury on a zesty contract
-don't blame the Eagles for not getting it done yet due to circumstance
-hope to high heaven that this turns out better than every other holdout that has been staged since 1999

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 28, 2011, 11:33:33 AM

a young brash black man about to make a lot of money?

im surprised anyone on the internet is for the holdout

and yeah holmes is a good baromometer...pimp is better but holmes was unrestricted so seems like his number is about right in this case

PhillyPhreak54

Have you seen or heard anyone who sides with the Eagles on this?

SunMo

not necessarily siding with the eagles, but against jackson holding out
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

They're idiots then.

He needs to get his point across. If they had told him they were talking with Rosenhaus and they were exchanging numbers and whatnot, then yeah he should be in camp.

But they should have had the deal ready to sign yesterday night. But its not surprising. The FO are a buncha arrogant fargs so they will dig their heels in.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I understand a lot of criticism of the FO, but I really don't understand the criticism of them not getting a massive extension done for a player already under contract in the first few hurried days of league business. It could get ugly before it's resolved, for sure, but blame the lockout/CBA and not one side or the other here. Also, I give credit to both sides for refusing to launch a war of words in the media. It's a good sign that this could end well.

Seriously, how many underpaid players who weren't yet free agents got caked by their current teams already this off-season?

ice grillin you

banner went out of his way to stress how many FO people the eagles had penciled in to work EVERY angle of this crazy period in the nfl...but he doesnt have one to satisfy the needs of one of his very best players?...plus its not like the eagles are overly busy gobbling up free agents

so i dont buy the "we have other things to do" angle

sounds like to me the eagles arent overly interested in extending him...could be that btwn his concussions and his size that they dont believe he has a long shelf life and doesnt warrant big money....we will find out for sure in the next week....because it appears as tho they are gonna have a shteinload of money they will need to spend....how does he not get caked off in the next few days?