DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2010, 08:42:20 PM
Quote from: Rome on January 05, 2010, 05:54:05 PM
i love the part where he says he doesn't throw motherfargers under a bus.   i mean, he did exactly that, but that's not what he meant.  or something.

No he didn't.

And the reason he has to clarify, igy, is because he was asked to do so.

If Peyton Manning says what he said, he's patted on the back for being a leader and telling guys to step it up.

This is what I don't understand, Reid and McNabb talk in cliches and they are ripped for not saying anything of substance. But when he gets specific, he is ripped for throwing people under the bus.

Never mind what he said is the truth, right? I mean, the young guys do have to step up. They are what is going to help them win. They are their weapons - the young guys.

he should keep his trap shut permanently until he wins a super bowl because everything that comes out of his face now is excruciating considering he's come up short as many times as he has.

Rome

Quote"Mike Jenkins ain't never shut me down, so y'all chill out over there," Jackson said. "Them boys are scared of me. I'm a dual threat on that field. They be having like four people on your boy out there, but it's all good. I probably get man coverage like 10 percent every game. But I like those odds. I'll take that."

holy crap.

:-D

ice grillin you

and its ON......

as far as my confidence in the eagles winning saturday that one comment automatically takes me from like a 3-4 to like a 7-8

PIMP!!!!!!!!!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I just wish we had some more guys on the team with his confidence. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on January 06, 2010, 04:28:05 PM
Quote"Mike Jenkins ain't never shut me down, so y'all chill out over there," Jackson said. "Them boys are scared of me. I'm a dual threat on that field. They be having like four people on your boy out there, but it's all good. I probably get man coverage like 10 percent every game. But I like those odds. I'll take that."

holy crap.

:-D

Awwwwww yeah. Keep talkin, Pimp.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 06, 2010, 04:33:32 PM
I just wish we had some more guys on the team with his confidence. 

they have approximately one...trot

unfortunately his knees arent as cocky

PhillyPhreak54

Trot was a mad man on Sunday - he was prowling around the bench trying to fire guys up and talking mad shtein on the field.

MDS

whatever beats actually watching him play

and @ pimp holy crap. he is a god.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

i love the the confidence.  what i wish, though, is that they had 20 more guys on the team with pimp's talent.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Thread title changed per Rome's suggestion  :yay

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteJenkins: "Nothing special" needed to stop Jackson
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 6, 2010 7:04 PM ET
It's been almost a day since we threw out some fresh meat for you Eagles and Cowboys fans out there to chew on.  (Try to be nice, guys.)

So here's the latest DeSean Jackson quote to ponder while killing time before Saturday.

The Pro Bowl receiver said on UStream that the Cowboys have "like four people on your boy" and that he only sees man coverage 10% of the time, but he still likes those odds.

Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins, who usually doesn't cover Jackson, is calling shenanigans, according to former PFT scribe Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.

"It's been a lot of talk to about double-covering or triple-covering this guy," Jenkins said. "I haven't seen it yet.  We single it up. We call [man] every play. There's one man on him and we're just sitting in it. We're holding our own and that's pretty much it. We're holding our own. That's pretty much it. We're not doing anything special for him or anybody else."

The Eagles aren't about sustaining long drives.  They need big plays to score, and no one is better at big plays than Jackson.  Except when he faces Dallas

ice grillin you

pretty much it
holding our own

holding our own
pretty much it

pretty much....