DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 11, 2008, 08:10:57 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on December 11, 2008, 08:00:01 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 11, 2008, 06:59:42 AM
Williams wasn't worth much more than a 2nd and a mid round pick. I actually like what I've seen from Curtis even though he's probably out for a few games. Will never happen but I'd grab Plax as soon as the Giants release him.

I'd want NOTHING to do with Burress.  Zero.  He got paid and completely fell apart.  I'd sniff if it was a reclaimation deal at league minimum or something, but he's not a guy I'd pay any sort of money to.  You've already seen what happens when you do.

You're right I'd hate to pay a guy that's 6'5 and caught the winning TD in the Superbowl and would require zero compenstation to sign. He can shoot me in the leg if he did that here.

He's not the missing piece that would get the Eagles to the Super Bowl.  Hell, he barely played for the Giants this year.  Freddie Mitchell and Greg Lewis caught Super Bowl TDs, too.  Burress is talented, but a lazy headcase.  I like right outside of NYC, so I'm around it more and probably have a different perspective on it.

ice grillin you

you dont need to live "outside ny" to know everything there is about burress

its not an either or thing...he easily could be the piece that elevates the eagles to superbowl status AND hes also a headcase

id take him in a heartbeat if it was something along the lines of a small one year deal with big incentives

i think what doomed him this year was that he got caked off and didnt care anymore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

reese125

with all these #1 receivers getting thrown around the board the Eagles might get--does Kevin Kolb make the Pro-bowl next year?

I think he does

shorebird

Quote from: reese125 on December 11, 2008, 08:27:51 AM
with all these #1 receivers getting thrown around the board the Eagles might get--does Kevin Kolb make the Pro-bowl next year?

I think he does

AAHHHHHHH,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Please, it's too early in the morning........

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on December 11, 2008, 08:17:23 AM
He's not the missing piece that would get the Eagles to the Super Bowl.  Hell, he barely played for the Giants this year.  Freddie Mitchell and Greg Lewis caught Super Bowl TDs, too.  Burress is talented, but a lazy headcase.  I like right outside of NYC, so I'm around it more and probably have a different perspective on it.

A WR trio of Plax, Jackson and Curtis with Westbrook in the backfield gets the Eagles closer to the SB. There's absolutely no guarantee but you have to admit he's an upgrade. Maybe he just needs another change of scenery, sort of like when he left the Steelers. I live in Philly, that doesn't mean I have a better perspective on the team than you or anyone else, so that point is moot. Mitchell and Lewis didn't get open and catch the winning TD in the SB, there is a big difference. All he'll cost is cap space, the Eagles are $18 million under the cap...so you have the option of spending that money on a 'headcase' and possibly making a run or staying status quo and maybe sneaking in as a WC. You know they'll be at least $10 million under once next season opens so the cap space he'd use is irrelevant.

He'll probably wind up a Raider so I'll stop now.

Zanshin

I said "different" persective.  Not better.  Tyree made the bigger SB catch in that super bowl...do you want him, too?  I said Burress is a talented player that I'd sign if it didn't mean giving him guaranteed cash, and assuming I had a conversation that led me to believe he'd want to turn things around.  And don't kid yourself, the Eagles have PLENTY of needs to eat up that cap space.  WR isn't even on the top of that list.

Feva

I think what's lost in all of this is that Freddie Mitchell's punk ass never caught a TD in the Super Bowl.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: EagleFeva on December 11, 2008, 09:01:24 AM
I think what's lost in all of this is that Freddie Mitchell's punk ass never caught a TD in the Super Bowl.

I was just going along with it for arguments sake, LJ Smith caught one though.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Magical_Retard

TJ, Ocho Cinco, Burress, Roy Wiliams....

any of them...eagles need one of them bad. especially since these past 2 wins means there is no way Reid is fired or resigns.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Zanshin

Everyone realizes that this is bullshteinting for the sake of bullshteinting, right?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

I don't know how me posting about DJ having a nice rookie year turned into another  get whoever wideout debate, but oh well.

Anyway, if he can come on these last three games, he has an actual shot at 1,000 yds.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 11, 2008, 08:12:23 AM
Quote from: King Cole on December 11, 2008, 12:39:20 AM
I'm not sure I give up a first for Williams when guys like Houshmandzadeh are out there on the FA market after the season and you can get one and retain all your picks. This team just has so many needs, you gotta be really careful when and when not to spend those picks.

housh is 31 and doesnt possess game changing size or speed....he has very good hands and is a quality wr but he is not someone you give big money too as you have to wonder how many great years if any he has left

I agree he isn't a game changer or a burner, but I think he has the qualities that the Eagles need at WR. A tall guy with great hands. He averages among the tops in the NFL in catches over the past 4 years or so. The Eagles already have guys with good enough speed in Curtis and Jackson. I want a guy who is going to go up and get a ball and you are sure he'll come down with it every time.

The guy I really want though is Boldin. How perfect would he be for the WCO? He just defines YAC with his strength. The dude is so hard to bring down. He also can hit the seams and go down field too. But I think there is no chance Arizona trades him after the year he is having. If I had to trade for him or Roy Williams I take Boldin and don't think twice about it.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.