DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 27, 2008, 05:38:59 PM
That pic reminds me of Rod Tidwell in "Jerry Maguire".  Even the guy holding up both fists looks like the "militant" brother character.

Ha! that is exactly what I thought when I saw it.  "I love Black People!"
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

hall is a great return man, one of the best ever, but hester has redefined the position in a remarkably short period of time.

of what i've seen from desean, though, he has hester-like potential to change the game every time he touches the ball.  i can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Cerevant

If this guy is such a game-breaking player, how the hell did he drop so far in the draft?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Cerevant on April 28, 2008, 10:12:38 AM
If this guy is such a game-breaking player, how the hell did he drop so far in the draft?

it questionable as to how good of a wr he can be...or if he can be one at all

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Right now I'll settle for Jackson being a significant upgrade over Mahe, then worry about how he falls as an all-time great.  Then again, I might be a significant upgrade over Mahe.

Cerevant

Is he at least fast enough to be a deep threat?  I'm not saying he needs to draw double-teams, but this team has had zero ability to stretch the field in recent years.  It pains me to say that the Eagles miss Pinkston...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

absolutely...tho hes more of a slot guy that can come underneath and take a crossing pass the distance vs being an outside straight down the field receiver
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2008, 10:13:23 AM
Quote from: Cerevant on April 28, 2008, 10:12:38 AM

it questionable as to how good of a wr he can be...or if he can be one at all

the same can be said for every other receiver taken in this year's draft.  none of them have the return skills that jackson has, though.  not even close.

Zanshin

Sadly, he's also a slot guy who can come over the middle and get stamped into little DeSean nuggets.

reese125

Yeah thats kind of scary

I think Jackson is now the second lightest player in the NFL at 169lb aside from Lamont Brightful who is 160lb--and Brightful is a DB

Id rather be a DB at that weight than a WR all day every day

Feva

Well, I'll throw my weight behind him as his official  :CF sponsor.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Todd Pinkston was maybe 180 soaking wet and 6'2".  It's not like DeSean's built flimsy just because he's on the light side.

Honestly, you don't want a 5'10" speed guy carrying much more than 180-185.

SD_Eagle5

Only saw Jackson's punt returns posted but here's a compilation of some of his receptions. Might just be because he's playing against college kids but he plays a lot bigger than he looks...and damn he's fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPfEkWSEhcY

rjs246

The dude is small. I'm sure the team will have him in the weight room and he'll play at 175-180. Everyone knows the risks. Hopefully he won't die on the field.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.