The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2010, 09:11:12 PM
ha...it really was like that

problem is they have so many flavors now that half of them arent even in the chill chests...like i would have tried the melon ball but it was warm

My boy swears by melon ball, I don't typically drink stuff like that but he swears up and down I'd love it. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

sipping on crown royal I was given by a friend's mother when she cleaned out a liquor cabinet full of booze she never drinks.  the bottle had a paper seal that said 1979 on it and had never been opened.  Cap was good, tastes just fine.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Any of yous familiar with the Johnstown Flood Tax?  I'd never heard of it before. 

http://www.johnstownfloodtax.com/

PA is by far the worst farging state when it comes to booze. 

phillymic2000

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2010, 01:46:10 PM
Any of yous familiar with the Johnstown Flood Tax?  I'd never heard of it before. 

http://www.johnstownfloodtax.com/

PA is by far the worst farging state when it comes to booze. 

They really need to pump some of that tax back into Johnstown. It's nothing like I remember it as a kid and that ain't saying much!!

charlie

Apparently there are plans to flood Johnstown out of existence as soon as the state raises enough money.

Susquehanna Birder

And when they're done, they'll use the proposed interstate toll funds and flood out the whole damned state and make the country a better place.

phillymic2000

Quote from: charlie on May 11, 2010, 02:40:43 PM
Apparently there are plans to flood Johnstown out of existence as soon as the state raises enough money.

It could use it.

phattymatty

Seabiscuit36

for years i've joked about drinking thru my eye, now i may try
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

Hit up Victory brewery two weeks ago. Finally cracked open the last growler I filled there. Golden monkey. Pretty damned good.

Next week, I'll be damned near living at Dogfish Head.

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on August 05, 2010, 07:37:40 PM
Hit up Victory brewery two weeks ago. Finally cracked open the last growler I filled there. Golden monkey. Pretty damned good.

Next week, I'll be damned near living at Dogfish Head.

I just had Golden Monkey about a month ago, it was okay.

Don't know if they'll have 120 at the brewery, but if they do I hate you. Lawnmower was good for a standard lager, definitely better than any of the usual beers you get that are 4%. They have Theobroma at the bar in Rehobeth right now, so I'm assuming they'll have it at the brewery...that shtein is delicious.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

Last I heard, the new batch of 120 didn't make it. Damn. But I'll more than make up for it with the liquor.

Munson

My g/f bought a bottle of their Blue Hen Vodka and we used it to mix some drinks, didn't really seem like anything special but wasn't terrible. I bought a bottle of the Jin but haven't broken it open yet. The bartender gave me a free sample shot though and it went down pretty smooth, and I don't usually do shots very well.

Definitely snag some of the Theobroma though. It was at least 8% because they served me in a tulip glass, but it wasn't really bitter at all. A little of the opposite, in fact.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

How can you possibly tell if a vodka is any good after mixing it?  Taste is neat, sure.  Mix it with other crap...NO.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger