2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

Damn, for real?

I hoped this would not happen. Its going to ruin it.

Drunkmasterflex

Unbelievable! I wish I could be there to celebrate! Oh well, World Champs!!!!!!!
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 29, 2008, 10:50:15 PM
FF, you better be coming, i just got calls from friends in FL and KY who are booking flights now, if they arent done now

I might be able to work this out yet.

Halloween is the worst day of the year to fly, especially on a Friday.  Hoo boy.

MadMarchHare

The best part of the post game:  listening to the fans boo Selig the entire time he spoke.  farging hilarious.

I know this is a LOT more important to other people on the board, but it is pretty awesome to break the drought.
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhreak54

I teared up when I heard Harry.

My grandpop is in ICU and it made me think of him. I hope he could watch. :'(

QB Eagles

Geowhizzer

HELL YES!  WORLD CHAMPS!

I thought about my grandma.  She loved the Phillies. 

This team was amazing in the playoffs.  11-3.  7-0 at home.  And the individual players weren't all playing their best.  But they had the pitching throughout the playoffs.

Amazing.  Freaking amazing.

hbionic

Congratulations losers.  It's about time you iceholes got a taste of Championship.

Phillies were the best team in the post season, Hamels was nails and you all had timely hitting.

The best team won the most un-interesting world series EVER.

Now...rub some of that magic off on the Eagles.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 29, 2008, 11:04:20 PM
A pic for Don Ho:

Sweet!  Some dude from Maui just called in on the local sports talk show and said he went to games 3, 4 and 5 Act I plus the birds game on Sunday.  Poor bastich had to fly home to the islands yesterday.  Apparently a Friend of Victorino.

The 808 is gonna eat Shane up!  We love um!

This is so awesome. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

GeneralZOD

CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Don Ho on October 29, 2008, 11:21:38 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on October 29, 2008, 11:04:20 PM
A pic for Don Ho:

Sweet!  Some dude from Maui just called in on the local sports talk show and said he went to games 3, 4 and 5 Act I plus the birds game on Sunday.  Poor bastich had to fly home to the islands yesterday.  Apparently a Friend of Victorino.

The 808 is gonna eat Shane up!  We love um!

This is so awesome. 
dude, gotta come back east NOW, i want to convince my bro
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles