2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 12:42:32 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 28, 2008, 12:35:33 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 12:06:18 PM
Which will mean Hamels would be available for game 7. (Hamel's did say last night he would go on short rest since he only threw 75 pitches).

I would not be surprised to see myers start game 5.2 tomorrow. Blanton game 6. Hamels/Moyer game 7.

Where did you see Hamels say that Wing?  I'd love to hear that I just haven't seen it anywhere.

the first article on the phillies website

QuoteMyers is accustomed to relieving; he served as the team's closer for much of last season. Should he be called upon to pitch Wednesday -- assuming the teams can't play Tuesday -- Moyer could pitch Thursday on regular rest in Game 6. Hamels also could return for a potential Game 7, though he would be on three days' rest.

Hamels said he would be willing to do that, especially because he threw only 75 pitches.

Lets hope it doesn't get that far but that's great news.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wait, they're also saying Myers could pitch in game 5 redux AND start game 6?

Even better, from MLB.com:
QuoteIf Game 5 resumes on Wednesday or later in the week in Philadelphia, the games in St. Petersburg would need to be moved back and a travel day might be utilized.

DuPuy said after reading the current weather reports that "it doesn't look good" for playing on Tuesday night.

So, they might move the rest of game 5 to tomorrow, use Thursday as a travel day, and then play Friday and Saturday, if needed, in Florida.

That would make Hamels a stone cold lock for game 7 if the Rays got lucky enough to force one.

LBIggle

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20081028&content_id=3650889&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

QuotePHILADELPHIA - Game Five of the 2008 World Series will not resume tonight due to inclement weather. Game Five is now tentatively scheduled to resume on Wednesday evening at 8:37 p.m. (ET), weather permitting.
Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig said: "While obviously we want to finish Game Five as soon as possible, the forecast for today does not allow for us to continue the game this evening. We are closely monitoring tomorrow's forecast and will continue to monitor the weather on an hourly basis. We will advise fans as soon as we are able to make any final decisions with respect to tomorrow's schedule."

at this rate cole can go back in and resume where he left off.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Also - I don't know how anyone can be excited about the prospect of Myers going into a game situation like he'd be facing tomorrow.  His opening innings are usually the rockiest no matter what the situation and considering what's on the line - I don't know.

The prospect scares me more than a little.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

LBIggle

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 28, 2008, 01:45:01 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 28, 2008, 01:43:03 PM
Mike Victorino, Shane's dad on WIP now.

and then?

he confessed to the brutal murder and dismemberment of bud selig.  pieces can be picked up at town hall. 

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 28, 2008, 01:45:01 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 28, 2008, 01:43:03 PM
Mike Victorino, Shane's dad on WIP now.

and then?

he is sending Vai Sikahema over to husk Selig like a rotting coconut.

Mike Victorino is comical.  He's a councilman on Maui and is a very cool dude.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Phanatic

They should just put Cole in and go for the damn win...

Selig can suck it...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

If they are pretty sure that Cole would be available to start a game 7, it would be borderline retarded to put him back in to finish game 5.  They can get 9 outs without him.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 28, 2008, 02:54:14 PM
If they are pretty sure that Cole would be available to start a game 7, it would be borderline retarded to put him back in to finish game 5.  They can get 9 outs without him.

Exactly.

I'm not sure why so many people are so worried about this. They need 9 outs with the best bullpen in baseball?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons