2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 23, 2008, 08:56:43 AM
Please God, let it be dominant Wifebeater tonight. PLEASE.

Exactly.  It's either one or the other with this guy.

That said, I will also contend that Rollins, Howard, and/or Burrell will have to figure out how to hit for the Phils to win tonight.

PhillyGirl

I will even say Rollins, more than the other 2, has GOT to get his shtein together. He frustrated me more than anyone last night.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

If saturday is rained out, anyone who spent $$ to get a game 4 ticket to double up the eagles game is gonna be shtein outta luck.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 23, 2008, 11:04:11 AM
I will even say Rollins, more than the other 2, has GOT to get his shtein together. He frustrated me more than anyone last night.

How do you strike out on three pitches to a guy who is literally only throwing fastballs?

Rome

The thing that pissed me off about Rollins is on two consecutive at-bats he let two pass that were literally right down the pipe and then swung at two pitches that were at his eye level.

That's little league bullshtein, IMO, and it comes from trying to do too much.

He needs to start hitting through the ball and stop trying to lift everything.  If he does that then the dinger will come.

Howard, on the other hand, is just hopeless right now.  He's seen 10 straight games of nothing but off-speed garbage, so when he does see a fastball, he can't get around on it quick enough.  He picked the worst possible time to go into one of his "spells" but if he was tearing the cover off the ball, someone else would be sucking wind anyway.

That's just how it goes in Philly.

PhillyGirl

I didn't read all of the game posts, but that stadium is farging hideous. There is not one. single. attractive. feature to it. From the clearly (to a point of ridiculousness) bandwagon fans, to the cowbells, to a dome in farging FLORIDA, to the turf, to the music....all of it.

MLB should be embarrassed with that place. Its about as far from a baseball park as you can possibly get.

As much crap as CBP takes for its dimensions, its a beautiful park and I am damn proud that this city build one like that.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

I think the ray tank is kinda cool though

and did you see the plans for the new Rays stadium?  Instead of a retractable roof, it would have a giant sail that gets pulled over the field...  :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's hope the Phillies can win in 4 or 5 and avoid that hellhole after tonight.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 23, 2008, 12:57:46 PM

As much crap as CBP takes for its dimensions, its a beautiful park and I am damn proud that this city build one like that.

Tropicana's field dimensions are shorter than CBPs:

Tropican field

CBP

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 23, 2008, 12:57:46 PM
I didn't read all of the game posts, but that stadium is farging hideous. There is not one. single. attractive. feature to it. From the clearly (to a point of ridiculousness) bandwagon fans, to the cowbells, to a dome in farging FLORIDA, to the turf, to the music....all of it.

MLB should be embarrassed with that place. Its about as far from a baseball park as you can possibly get.

we talked about that last night, how this game just didn't have a WS atmosphere to it.  i felt like i was watching an inter league regular season game on mlb.com.  i can't wait until they get to CBP just so we can feel the experience.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 23, 2008, 01:41:01 PM
Let's hope the Phillies can win in 4 or 5 and avoid that hellhole after tonight.

and so havas can see the drought end in person
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

As someone who lives in the godforsaken state and has been to the stadium several times, I can honestly say that the structure itself isn't bad.  The fans suck and all and aestetically it's like a huge warehouse inside, but trust me, when it's 90 degrees out at 7:30 and the humidity is 100%, a dome is an absolute necessity.

Everything else that's been said about Tampa, the fans, the cowbells and the general third rate minor league feel to the place is accurate, but the stadium itself really isn't that bad.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on October 23, 2008, 04:00:40 PM
As someone who lives in the godforsaken state and has been to the stadium several times, I can honestly say that the structure itself isn't bad.  The fans suck and all and aestetically it's like a huge warehouse inside, but trust me, when it's 90 degrees out at 7:30 and the humidity is 100%, a dome is an absolute necessity.

Everything else that's been said about Tampa, the fans, the cowbells and the general third rate minor league feel to the place is accurate, but the stadium itself really isn't that bad.
It looks cheap
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous