2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I want to puke.

Its even worse to have to hear McCarthy call the game. I think he was full on Mets boner hard when Chipper went deep.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 24, 2008, 09:14:20 PM
I want to puke.

Its even worse to have to hear McCarthy call the game. I think he was full on Mets boner hard when Chipper went deep.

true, i wish i had the radio broadcast on just to hear harry's reaction.   "you have got to be kidding me" still his best line yet during that Astros debacle two years ago.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Don Ho

SD_Eagle5

lol at Tavarez, what a psycho. Benches cleared, I'm sure you've all missed it.

Don Ho

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 24, 2008, 10:11:21 PM
lol at Tavarez, what a psycho. Benches cleared, I'm sure you've all missed it.

Patty B looked heated. Like he wanted to shtein on Tavarez.

What a buncha bums. Only the Phils can own a team all year and then when its nut time, they choke up.

Thank god for the Mets being zesty.

QB Eagles

The farging bums are still in the driver's seat, with a magic number of 3. The way they are playing the Mets could easily take care of that on their own, but hopefully the Phils will help their own cause and win a couple games.

Mets now tied for the wild card. Ha.

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

I missed this during the game, but the guys on the PHils board are talking about it...

Lopes was interviewed during the game by the insufferable Mr. Met McCarthy. A fly ball was hit to Vic and McCarthy asked Lopes to critique Vic's play in CF. Lopes said he was doing good but then mentioned something about him going back to RF with Werth going to LF next year.

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Burrell is moving on.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote"It wouldn't be the Philly way. No matter what sport, we don't make it easy," shortstop Jimmy Rollins said.