2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

ugh geo if you cant see the difference between what brett myers did and giving up 2 runs over 6 innings to atlanta then i dont know buddy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

beautiful lidge!  nothing better than seeing chippah swing and miss to end the ball game.

me so happy!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 18, 2008, 09:55:37 PM
ugh geo if you cant see the difference between what brett myers did and giving up 2 runs over 6 innings to atlanta then i dont know buddy

Oh my goodness, Hamels didn't strike out 12 and throw a one-hitter tonight.  Burn him at the stake.

No, he hasn't had his best stuff in the past few games.  And yet, in all but one of those games, he's pitched his way through the games to give his team a chance to win. 3-1 in September.  Less than 3.00 ERA.

NO one has his best stuff all the time.  Not Clemens (roids or not), not Steve Carlton, not Walter Johnson.  The best pitchers - the aces - are the pitchers who manage to win when they don't have their best stuff.  And Hamels has done that.

I'm very impressed with Myers the past few months.  But if his stuff goes south, he basically has no shot at winning (see 5.00+ ERA before the all-star break).

BigEd76

Phils have a 7-game winning streak and the Marlins have an 8-game winning streak.  They put up 22 on the Wades the last two nights and won't go away....

Don Ho

Marlins scare the shtein out of me.  this series scares me real bad.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Season's over.  Time to move on.

PS: I think I'm going to the game tomorrow.  I can't afford it, but farg it.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 19, 2008, 05:39:53 AM
Season's over.  Time to move on.

PS: I think I'm going to the game tomorrow.  I can't afford it, but farg it.

I'm considering a Saturday excursion.  Probably can't afford the gas, but I'm thinking of it anyway.

PhillyPhreak54

Won't have a problem getting tickets, thats for sure.

The Fish scare me too.....just don't get swept, Phils.

ice grillin you

phils can get swept and still at most only be a half game out of the wild card

they are IN the playoffs....just a matter of the division now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

so has anyone heard back about the playoff ticket lottery?  thought it was supposed to be yesterday. 

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 19, 2008, 09:43:14 AMphils can get swept and still at most only be a half game out of the wild card

If the Brewers sweep the Reds, the Phils would be 1 game out.  I don't think either one will happen, but...

Rome

I sincerely hope the Phillies stomp the life out of the Fish.  I don't expect it to happen but a sweep would be nice.

I also have a bad feeling about the last nine games of the season but that's just a reminder of the last 28 years of failure talking.

MDS

between myers and moyer youd figure theyd be capable of winning 1 game. maybe.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

florida is gonna rake moyer...the phils are gonna lose at least two of three no question....but even if they get swept they are in fine shape
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous