2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I couldn't see the game either.  The Phils were upstaged on the national scene by the Tampa Bay Rays.  :-D

(That's just laughing at the Phils, not the Rays.  They'll be good a while with that young pitching.)

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 23, 2008, 07:32:52 PM
I couldn't see the game either.  The Phils were upstaged on the national scene by the Tampa Bay Rays.  :-D

(That's just laughing at the Phils, not the Rays.  They'll be good a while with that young pitching.)

should have watched the LLWS.  Hawaii down 5-1 in the bottom of the fifth and scores 6 runs.  Face Mexico tomorrow.

Viva Hawaii!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 23, 2008, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 23, 2008, 06:21:57 PM
Jenkins to DL

What did they say about Manny to Philly...I had the game on but was busy building my daughters closet...something about Jenkins.

Rosenthal said they were never even close.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I read on the Mets board that they are pushing Santana back to Friday so he will miss the Phils.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBrian Fuentes is expected to be put on waivers this week, a process that's not usually made public, let alone announced, so the Rockies must be keen to see if they can do better in a trade than the two first round draft picks they get by keeping Fuentes. According to Rosenthal, as things stand, the Dodgers currently have waiver priority. If they pass for salary reasons, the Phillies could be a roadblock for the Mets.

farg blocking the Mets; acquire Fuentes

Gillick needs to shore up that 8th inning spot.

BigEd76

Rome

Geowhizzer

Rome

Phillies are being no-hit through four.

Awesome.

PhillyPhreak54

That Jap did it to them last week too...I think through 7 last time

MDS

Manuel literally took Burrell out of the game so Taguchi could stand on first. Idiot.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Just when I think k-roll can't get any worse he proves me wrong. Good job here in the 10th by Durbin, bases jammed no outs. What a lucky ass double play.

MDS

Umpire at home called Manny out when Coste stepped on the plate, even though it was a force play. How can a society function when it's authority figures don't know what they are authoritizing over?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

and howard gets picked off at first...and people wonder why we boo