2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

perhaps i remembered choke's hr wrong but im pretty sure coste's landed a row or two deep.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2008, 11:02:03 AM
im pretty sure coste's landed a row or two deep.

No.

And Utley's was to center, so it still went 400+, so really you're just wrong across the board.

SD_Eagle5

Why is it only an issue when the bums hit a HR at CBP but not when the opposing team does? Ethier's HR barely made it out iirc.

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 23, 2008, 11:51:48 AM
Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2008, 11:02:03 AM
im pretty sure coste's landed a row or two deep.

No.

And Utley's was to center, so it still went 400+, so really you're just wrong across the board.

well chase's was legit, i know that.

just watched the coste hr and it landed in the first or second row in lf. seems like a cbp bomb to me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

didnt see the first burrell hr, was it a cbp bomb or legit?

Rome

Question:  The Phillies scored three runs in the fifth, right?  Ryan Howard is on second with NONE OUT and Cholly has Victorino sacrifice him over to third?  Really??

I'm not watching the game, obviously, because it's blacked out, but he really didn't do that did he?  Please tell me Shaney had a brain cramp there.

MDS

im pretty sure it was either a swinging bunt or he was trying to bunt for a hit.

BigEd76

Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2008, 05:42:33 PM

off the foul pole

Rome - Shane's bunt was a drag bunt

and now Shane bloops one over NoMAH....9-2

PhillyPhreak54

Jenkins to DL

Andy Tracy, a 34 year old AAA player called up. He did hit 11 HRs in 200 with the Expos.

But once again the FO calls up slop rather than some young talent

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 23, 2008, 05:56:42 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2008, 05:42:33 PM

off the foul pole

Rome - Shane's bunt was a drag bunt

and now Shane bloops one over NoMAH....9-2

ok so no? it was a sac fly turned into a 3r bomb?

but what it took the middle of the order a month and a half to have a good game? ok lets see them keep it up for the mets series and then maybe i wont be a sour puss.

BigEd76

Nah, it was hit pretty good....about halfway up the pole and bounced into foul territory

Eyre and Seanez close it out....9-2 final

cmon Astros help us out

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 23, 2008, 06:21:57 PM
Jenkins to DL

What did they say about Manny to Philly...I had the game on but was busy building my daughters closet...something about Jenkins.

PhillyPhreak54

Couldnt see the game on FOX.... so I dont know man

I listened to it on ESPN radio on the local Houston affiliate.