2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

7-1 Phils

Coste just went yard

Choke went deep too...

Following this on Yahoo...shtein ass Extra Innings not showing the game

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2008, 08:59:57 PM
7-1 Phils

Coste just went yard

Choke went deep too...

Following this on Yahoo...shtein ass Extra Innings not showing the game

The funny thing is that the game was listed at 7pm, but wasn't showing.  Not sure if they had technical problems or what happened, but I'm stuck watching grainy preseason football and Olympic water polo.

BigEd76

same ol crap

Jimmy is hitless
Chase is lost
Kendrick is a deer in headlights that keeps escaping trouble

5 runs on 2 HRs.  The rest was a sac fly and a single....

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

all in on the hr and they get 2 only in cbp bombs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I didn't see where Howard's landed.  I'm assuming you're saying Chase's solo shot would have been off the wall many places, which is probably right.

But Coste's was about 7 rows back.  That farger would have been out anywhere.

Rome

Howard's was about 15 rows back in left center.  There isn't a field in the majors that would have held that one.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, the only homer that really was a CBP special was the solo shot by Utley that didn't affect the outcome of the game in the least, and MDS is full of shtein?

Good to know.

Rome

Look at the time stamp on his post.  He obviously had drank his six pack of Zima and was fargin' flyin' by then.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on August 23, 2008, 07:29:34 AM
Howard's was about 15 rows back in left center.  There isn't a field in the majors that would have held that one.

agreed. It was a nice shot.

here are three of them on espn's highlights:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280822122
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen