2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

heads up....Sunday's game at St. Louis was moved to the ESPN night one

MDS

yea really if the hold up is him then im gonna gut gillick with a plastic spoon
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Halladay would be unreal but I think another team could offer more than Donald/Marson/Happ and maybe Castro.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

jayson stark reporting that donald for mahay is all but done
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2008, 01:56:36 PM

or...

QuotePhils 'not close' on Mahay

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Jayson Stark
A source with knowledge of the Phillies' trading discussions now says they're "not close" to any deal for left-handed reliever Ron Mahay. They plan to continue to explore all their left-handed relief options.

According to clubs that have been speaking with the Royals, they've been having extensive conversations with the Phillies about a trade that would send Mahay to Philadelphia for shortstop prospect Jason Donald, a member of the U.S. Olympic baseball team.

It's believed that as many as 10 teams have contacted the Royals about Mahay, who is signed for next year at $4 million. Most of them have come away with the impression that the Royals aren't motivated to trade him. But in Donald, the Phillies have a commodity for which Kansas City has been searching aggressively. So the fit appears better with the Phillies than with any of the other teams on the Royals' list.

MDS

id hope to believe zolecki. trading a top 3 prospect from a middle reliever = ed wade.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Even though I'm sure there's no validity to the rumor on the last page I've had Halladay wood for a majority of the day.

MDS

also happ officially up for eaton

and pedro phillies is on the dl so that mike cervanek cat is back up

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2008, 01:56:36 PM

Mahay would be a solid addition and something they need.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wow - Rollins gets a hit, and Utley hits a homer with 2 outs.

I guess you guys were right about righting the ship against Washington... for now.

BigEd76

MDS

Manny and prospects for Burrell would be just about the dumbest thing they could do. Straight up? I guess.