2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Mets lost 7-1 to Lohse

Hanley saves the Marlins with another 9th-inning HR, then Willingham wins it in the 10th.....1/2 game back

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phillies had such a bad June that they stopped gaining games during byes!

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

As the resident Myers fan-boy, I agree with this. He needs to straighten himself out and the big league roster is no place to do it. I don't care if he goes down there and get shelled the first few starts, just get the location back and work on the mechanics. Once his mechanics come back, the velocity will. And for him to accept is big too. He's not acting like a petulant kid.

JA Happ will probably get the call. I would prefer Carrasco.

June is over asslips, how about winning some ball games starting tonight?

LBIggle

they will now go on a 79 game winning streak.

PhillyPhreak54

Read on the Phils MB that;

1. Eskin said the Phils offered Myers, Jason Donald and Carlos Carrasco to Cleveland for CC and were denied.

2. Hamels was bumped up to Thursday and whomever the Myers replacement is will pitch Friday against Joe and the Mets.

PhillyGirl

Eskin knows shtein about the inner workings of the Phillies. I wouldn't believe anything he spews about them.

I like the move with Myers. Curious to see who they bring up.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 01, 2008, 06:55:31 PM
Read on the Phils MB that;

1. Eskin said the Phils offered Myers, Jason Donald and Carlos Carrasco to Cleveland for CC and were denied.

2. Hamels was bumped up to Thursday and whomever the Myers replacement is will pitch Friday against Joe and the Mets.
Carrasco and Myers is a heavy deal. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

If the Phillies offered that deal two months ago there isn't a person here who wouldn't have called for Gillick's scalp.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phillies are already winning 5-0.

June swoon, July boon!

Geowhizzer

LBIggle

i'm surprised geoff jenkins remembers how to run the bases.  like which way to go after you actually hit the ball.