2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Springer thrown out for throwing at Howard, LaRussa thrown out for arguing about it.

Weak move by the umps- hit Howard in the thigh.

ice grillin you

what a terrible ejection

lol @ tim mccllelan...not cause he tossed the pitcher but because he looks like a titanic dork

lol for real @ ryan franklin
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

franklin is their closer. la russa is just such a terrible strategical manager, it was such dumb luck that this team won the series 3 years ago.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

where did that ejection come from?  stupid move.  great, now piss the cards off for the weekend (not that being down by 15 runs didn't).
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 13, 2008, 11:08:41 PM
la russa is just such a terrible strategical manager, it was such dumb luck that this team won the series 3 years ago.

WOW maybe the worst post ever....20 posts ago you said how much of a joke the cards are...and now larussa is a terrible manager....you ever wonder why they are as good as they are...hint: his initials are TL....one of the top five managers ever...shtein maybe higher

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2008, 11:07:12 PM
what a terrible ejection

lol @ tim mccllelan...not cause he tossed the pitcher but because he looks like a titanic dork

lol for real @ ryan franklin

McClellan didn't eject either one.  The home plate ump ejected the pitcher and LaRussa.

Quote from: Don Ho on June 13, 2008, 11:09:06 PM
where did that ejection come from?  stupid move.  great, now piss the cards off for the weekend (not that being down by 15 runs didn't).

Thought he threw at Howard intentionally.  Probably did, but he hit Howard in the upper leg - the big guy probably didn't even feel it.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2008, 11:11:26 PM
Quote from: MDS on June 13, 2008, 11:08:41 PM
la russa is just such a terrible strategical manager, it was such dumb luck that this team won the series 3 years ago.

WOW maybe the worst post ever....20 posts ago you said how much of a joke the cards are...and now larussa is a terrible manager....you ever wonder why they are as good as they are...hint: his initials are TL....one of the top five managers ever...shtein maybe higher

strategical, dooks. he is. he won in the al where is no strategy. he certainly always has good teams for a reason, but he is just awful in decision making in the game. hitting the pitcher 8th, squeezing all the damn time, he's just a cocky jerk who thinks he invented the game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

first of all were you even born when he won in the AL?....second of all you have no idea what youyre saying and you spouted off before thinking...the guy is a legend a first ballot hall of famer and a phenomional manager that not only has won with great teams but also with average teams...hes simply the best of his era and one of the best ever

Geowhizzer

Seanez throws behind Ryan's back, Jose Oquendo gets thrown out arguing that he should be ejected.   :-D

Sarge could see a VERY interesting game by Sunday.  LaRussa doesn't let these things go.

Rome

Another ridiculous beat-down from the Phillies against a good baseball team.

And the knock down attempt on Howard was hilarious.  Not as funny as Seanez missing the Cardinal, but still, pretty farging funny.

Geowhizzer

And 2B Aaron Miles comes in and sets the Phils' top of the lineup (sans Utley) in order.  :-D

Rome

Someone needs to tell the hayseed announcers for the Cardinals that they're losing 20-2.

ice grillin you

these cards announcers are out of control...literally screaming because miles is getting people out....like the phils are gonna hit up 20 against a position player pitching....middle america sucks