2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on June 11, 2008, 09:44:10 PM
meyers, werth, gordon can kiss my ass.

for a walk off grand slam that was the quietest reaction i've ever heard.  must have been all the phillies fans in the crowd.

Marlins announcer Tommy Hutton even said that it sounded like there were more Phillies fans in the stands than Marlin fans.

I almost went tonight - probably a good thing I didn't.  I'd hate to have to spend the night in jail after bitch-slapping some idiot fake-Marlins fan.

MDS

truth be told gordon hasnt been that bad this year. outside of 2 outings (opening day and tonight), i dont think hes blown a lead. he just jose mesas his way through innings and it gets irritating.

but charlies idiotic managing, jimmy not taking second and werths bunt also need to be factored in. also the offense mustering 2 runs. oh well, win tomorrow and they dont get swept. out of the 16 tough games (8-8 would be fine, in fact, if they play .500 ball from here on out they probably make the playoffs). theyve already won 4, so really lets all hold off jumping off the franklin just yet.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on June 11, 2008, 09:47:28 PM
truth be told gordon hasnt been that bad this year. outside of 2 outings (opening day and tonight), i dont think hes blown a lead. he just jose mesas his way through innings and it gets irritating.

but charlies idiotic managing, jimmy not taking second and werths bunt also need to be factored in. also the offense mustering 2 runs. oh well, win tomorrow and they dont get swept. out of the 16 tough games theyve already won 4, so really lets all hold off jumping off the franklin just yet.

It's up to the old man!

Don Ho

save me a place in line on the bridge.  hell, i'll just go jump off diamond head.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Goddamn what an abortion of a game.

1. Offense, where did you go? Andrew Miller and Ricky Nolasco have shut your asses down.

2. Jayson Werth bunting? Die. Die. Die.

3. Charlie not bunting Victorino, or Victorino missing signs, or whatever that was....pull your head outta your asses. Although Vic did get rung up on a bullshtein call.

4. Jimmy not following Bruntlett on the steal, dumb.

5. Ryan Howard is pitiful to watch now. Even though Jimmy should have stolen 2nd, I was afraid they would walk Utley to face Howard and he would blow it. Its sad when you are AFRAID to see Howard come up.

6. Gordon hasn't been horrible. But he's a right-handed black version of Mitch Williams. ENough with the drama. Throw farging strikes, icehole.

7. I hate the Marlins. Jorge Cantu and the rest of those stiffs are whipping the Phils asses.

8. King was dealing tonight but that mexican got him twice.

MDS

Quote3. Charlie not bunting Victorino, or Victorino missing signs, or whatever that was....pull your head outta your asses. Although Vic did get rung up on a bullshtein call.

He took a strike, which was the smart thing since Gregg just walked Jimmy on 4 pitches. Then on the next pitch Bruntlett stole 3rd on his own. At that point, the bunt is off. And the third strike was close enough, too close to take.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Was this game closed to the public?  I saw the footage of Uggla's home run, and I don't think there was 1 person in the outfield seats.

ice grillin you

to be fair its a football stadium and unless its the world series there are not gonna be many people in the outfield seats...still there was no one there and the team should be contracted....instead they are getting a new retractable roof stadium
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no one will go even with that. they built that new stadium in dc and no one goes. mostly because the team sucks and dc is an awful sports town. but miami is an even worse sports town, theyll only go if its the playoffs.

QB Eagles

Florida just sucks for baseball. Either you watch a hot, muggy game in a football stadium, or you leave the subtropical weather to watch a game in an ugly, dingy dome that, from the inside, looks like you could be in Siberia. There's better shtein to do down there.

Geowhizzer

I could have gone to any of these games, but driving 100 miles in torrential downpours across the alligator-infested swamplands by myself just didn't sound like enough fun to me.  And, judging from the first two games, I made the right decision.  Just watch the games in beautiful HD and hide the remotes.

phillymic2000

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i will give choke some credit there for not swinging at that wild pitch...its normally one he goes down on...he didnt this time and it got them two runs...hey it aint much to congratulate someone on but its the first thing i thought of when the play went down

ice grillin you