2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

dook's got 21 and its the first few days of june. stop hatin.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im not hatin on him he cant control it...but the park is a friggin joke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 02, 2008, 07:14:23 PM
Quote from: Rome on June 02, 2008, 06:21:03 PM
I think it's funny you guys are criticizing a farm system that has produced the past two league MVP's and another player who's the clear front runner this year.

two different things...its def true that the system produced a ton on the current team but its also true that theyve had more than enough years to replenish it and they havent done a good job of that

The starters at 1B, 2B, SS, LF, CF & C are all home grown talent and all of those players are under 30 (other than Costey).  Their top two starters are home grown and so are Kendrick, Madson and several other pitchers.

I realize they don't have starting caliber players waiting in the minors but they do have good talent down there, especially at the high A level and below.

If you look at the teams with great minor league systems, the big clubs have either been horrible forever (Tampa) or their budget have allowed them to constantly sign players above slot.  We have to be realistic with the minor league system the same way we do about the Phillies themselves.  They'll never be Boston or the Yankees because we, the fans, don't require them to be.  Expecting any different from the organization is kinda silly, IMO.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 02, 2008, 07:35:30 PM

negative nancy get negative on biron. he looks like he was in a concentration camp.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i wasnt killing the talent level...in fact i was the only one saying they had enough to get a good starter at the deadline....but lets be real its not very good from top to bottom right now

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 02, 2008, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 02, 2008, 07:35:30 PM

negative nancy get negative on biron. he looks like he was in a concentration camp.

you can homer it up as much as you want and more power to you for it....i however will continue to call things as i see them

MDS

SunMo

i saw the replay of Chase's home run, that wasn't a cheapo, that's a legit part of the park
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on June 02, 2008, 07:47:17 PM
i saw the replay of Chase's home run, that wasn't a cheapo, that's a legit part of the park

no way...that ball is in the gap in a lot of parks...arroyos face said it all after it went out...he couldnt believe it..he had that what a joke look

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 02, 2008, 07:57:11 PM
Quote from: SunMo on June 02, 2008, 07:47:17 PM

no way...that ball is in the gap in a lot of parks...arroyos face said it all after it went out...he couldnt believe it..he had that what a joke look
and you care about arroyo's facial expressions?  every pitcher makes a face when they give up a hr, especially here.  Put down the Eskin koolaid, we all know the park is flawed, but chase is god damn amazing this season
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

all im saying is i listened to the same show, and your flying off the handle about it now.