2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 21, 2008, 11:11:59 PM
wow Charlie gets away with another boneheaded move.  He pinch ran for Burrell on 1st again.....WHILE HOWARD IS ON 2ND WITH 2 OUTS

lol...yeah i was listening to this on the way home from the flyer game and almost drove off the road in anger...to be honest i dont know what hes doing taking burrell out of a close game at coors field in the first place...that game could have easily gone 12-10 or some shtein like that...you dont play for defense in that stadium like you would in other places
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Doesn't Taguchi have a bunch of errors this season anyway?

Whatever, they needed the win.  Glad they got it.

Rome

cholly's a great manager and a fine human being.  and he speaks jap too.

ice grillin you

whoever the defensive replacement is is better than burrell no matter how many errors they have had this year...but my point is why would you take one of the hottest hitters in the league who hit a homer earlier in the game out of your lineup down one run at coors field

Rome

i can see the move in almost any other ballpark they play in but not coors field.  cholly screwed rjs' pooch on that move but he does that sort of shtein all the time so what's the difference?

Wingspan

if Burrell wasn't ran for, the game is tied going to the bottom of the 8th instead of a 6-5 lead.

It's really pretty simple on this one. You don't play for extra innings, especially on the road. Manuel was going for the win in the 8th before the wasteland part of the lineup came up. And the move worked. Bohn scored on the same hit as howard...and to top it off Bohn doubled in the 9th to give 2 extra insurance runs.

Yet the same grumpy old men contingent here sit around bitching about a substitution that worked, in a game that was won. :-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 22, 2008, 08:18:24 AM
i can see the move in almost any other ballpark they play in but not coors field.  cholly screwed rjs' pooch on that move but he does that sort of shtein all the time so what's the difference?

actually in any park putting a pinch runner behind howard is assinine...i was talking in a general sense coors field you dont wanna play defense when youre up one or two runs much less down a run

Wingspan

Yeah, really, why would you even consider playing defense?

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Emmitt Smit say Bat Purrel donot play the good defence.  Philly need to draft Keith River.

ice grillin you

you have shane victor at cf....he had been banged up....and you had aron rowin at cf he was sent sailin to san francisco or the windy city so to speak

SunMo

utely's play with the bases loaded in the 3rd was farging sick

i'm calling him for mvp, in april
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on April 22, 2008, 09:02:44 AM
utely's play with the bases loaded in the 3rd was farging sick

i'm calling him for mvp, in april

It'll happen because only the Phillies would be able to run out back to back to back MVP's and not have a playoff win during that timeframe.

ice grillin you

ha...for real...can you imagine three mvps in a row and zero playoff game wins