2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Mark Redman
Jeff Francis
Dave Bush
Ben Sheets

W-L-W-L?

But this is the Phillies, so it'll be L-W-L-W

Or more likely....L-L-L-L

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phillies will win tonight.  Bruntlett will have a game-winning safe-on-error.

SD_Eagle5

I don't have CN8 anymore but did I read gamecast right that Werth hit and inside the parker?

BigEd76

yup, then Chase hit a regular HR to go back-to-back (tied the Phils record, 5 games in a row)

BigEd76

wtf Chase almost hit another one to tie it.  Must be the roids

BigEd76

wow Charlie gets away with another boneheaded move.  He pinch ran for Burrell on 1st again.....WHILE HOWARD IS ON 2ND WITH 2 OUTS

a walk and double later, TJ Bohn scores the go-ahead run  :-D

MDS

ruiz! manuel is a moron, though. how can you take burrell out with choke dog clogging up the bases in front of him. did he pass grade school?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Well, he took Burrell out because of the whole defensive thing regardless of Chokesalot on 2nd. But knowing how the "defensive" replacements haven't been so goddamn defensive, he should stop taking Pat out.

The jap drops balls all the time and now the lost member of Hanson drops one - farging idiot.

But that dumb shtein redeems himself with a 2R double.

9-5 Phils.

BigEd76

Don Ho

choke dawg coming through, bohn seals it.  helped ease some of the pain of the Flyers performance, not much but now I may not hit my wife.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

But his average is now up to .200!

WTF is up with the Marlins and why are they in 1st? Go on a losing streak already.

BigEd76

1. they're beating up on the Nationals and Pirates
2. undefeated in 1-run games
3. Hanley is on a tear right now
4. Olsen has been great

PhillyPhreak54

Hanley is a pimp. Hindsight says he should be playing 3B for the Phillies if they only would have dealt Wagner to Boston.

Olsen is a shteinhead who I hope shreds every ligament in his arm.

Munson

I looked all over TV tonight and couldn't find this game. Oh well. At least they won.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds