2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRyan Madson (shoulder) returned to action on Thursday night.

He gave up a hit in one inning of scoreless work. After the game he said that he's not sure he's ready to pitch two innings at a time yet, drawing the ire of manager Charlie Manuel. "We've got 12 pitchers on our staff, somebody's got to goddamn pitch," Manuel said.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ha, these are the times when it's great to have a salty old guy as manager.

PhillyPhreak54

So I bought Extra Innings on digital cable...

and the Phillies are not on tonight. Why the farg not?

And next weekend I only get the Friday night Mets game, not Saturday or Sunday.

farging garbage.

PhillyPhreak54

Okay, so next Saturday its because the Mets games are on FOX and ESPN Sat and Sun.

But tonight? 700 start and that doesnt fall under the blackout rules.

SunMo

i know around here they are on CW57...

but, you can't get them on the chicago feed?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on April 12, 2008, 11:42:03 AM
i know around here they are on CW57...

but, you can't get them on the chicago feed?

Nope. They were on Comcast Chicago last night and tomorrow. They are supposed to be on Comcast Chicago again tonight but for whatever reason InDemand is not showing them on the schedule. I even checked the website for the Extra Innings; nothing.

They are not subject to the blackout rules today (anything before 5pm not shown on Saturdays because of farging FOX's exclusive rights), so what gives?

I guess its MLB Radio night tonight....

Rome

Why didn't you just buy the MLB.TV package?  Almost every game is on there (other than local blackouts) and it's only $119 for the entire season.

Extra Innings is a waste of money, IMO, especially if you're buying the cable version and not the one on DirecTV.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 12, 2008, 12:32:55 PM
Why didn't you just buy the MLB.TV package?  Almost every game is on there (other than local blackouts) and it's only $119 for the entire season.

Extra Innings is a waste of money, IMO, especially if you're buying the cable version and not the one on DirecTV.

Because I don't have a lap top yet and I didn't want to be glued to the computer only. I wanted to be able to watch the games while chillin on the counch or in bed at night. I watch alot of games and buying the MLB thing would restrict that.

And I am still salty about not being able to have DIRECTV here. Not having a "clear view of a south or southwest sky" has cost me the NFL and MLB packages. ITS A GODDAMN SATELLITE!! Shouldn't just pointing the farging thing at the sky result in picking up a signal from the satellite??!?! You'd think so. Goddamn, I'm pissed.

Oh, and to add insult to this next week when they play Houston Extra Innings will have the games via the CN8 and CSN Philly feeds...but I won't get to hear Harry because they will be blacked out and I will see them on Fox Sports Houston.

farg me.

PhillyPhreak54

The guys on the Phils MB explained it to me...

The feeds are on WGN and CW57 tonight, neither of which are carried by EI.

farging communist cable companies.

MDS

I'm splitting EI with my roomates. I love it so far, the Mets and Braves games are always on there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So I signed up for Gameday Audio on MLB.com...so I can listen to the game tonight and in the future when I get the bone on EI.

Problem is, MLB.com will not open the audio for me. I click on the link to listen to a game and nothing happens.

I have my pop up blocker diabled, I have tried it on Firefox and IE7. I downloaded Flash 9 (again), some Microsoft Silverlight bullshtein and everything else it said I needed.

Still, NOTHING.

PhillyGirl

Baseball hates you Phreak.

Its damning you to hell since you left this area for that hellhole of a State.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I think so too  :'(

I am tired of messing with trouble shooting now. I will have to call MLB.com when I get back...I have to at least be able to listen to the game tonight.