Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

just looked and thats a big drop for the birds....should be a decent haul
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

field yates:

Eagles get: Picks 52, 125 and a 2019 second round pick.

Ravens get: Pick 32 and 132.

SD

Rumored trade:
Ravens trade the No. 52, No. 125 and a 2019 second rounder to the #Eagles for the No. 32 pick

QB Eagles

32 and 132 for 52, 125, and next year's second rounder. Didn't increase their number of picks, but it works for me.

MDS

i like this trade

would you rather have an extra 3rd or 4th this year or a 2nd next year? possibly a high 2nd. ravens have bottom out potential.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

dropped 13 spots this year to get a 2nd next year....not bad

QB Eagles

Howie: "You keeping Lamar Jackson away from the Giants, Ozzie? Alright, we're straight."

ice grillin you

biggest haul of the night is that watching the draft will be much more entertaining tomorrow

SD

I would have been happy moving back into the 2nd and nabbing an extra 4th. Then packaging two 4ths and moving up into the 3rd. At that point in this years draft they'd only be missinghe last pick in the 1st round. That they were able to get a future 2nd from a team who will probably be bottom 15 is a coup. The Eagles are SB contenders, so the draft is about replenishment for when F/A's move on than it is filling needs. The Eagles don't have any glaring holes, they have lack of depth and guys that are going to bounce once their deal is up. I had zero interest in Sony Michel with Ajayi and Clement on the team. Unless there's some generational talent I wouldn't touch a RB anywhere in the 1st round. I'm open to them drafting for any position other than QB. My wish is for an offensive lineman because they haven't drafted that position for years...preferably a versatile T/G combo. It's nice they can actually go for BPA. What would be amazing is if another teams QB gets injured and they ship a 1st to the birds for a 1st. They'd go into next season with two 1's and two 2's.

Getting Sidney Jones back this season is essentially drafting a top 15 pick. I watched an interview with Joe Douglas last week, he said Jones would be one of the top CBs coming off the board this season, definite top 15 pick. He seemed fairly confident he's back to 100%.

Susquehanna Birder

I'm almost ashamed that I stayed up to watch that, but it's exactly what I expected.

Just wait until Howie trades down again out of the 2nd.

"Tonight's Eagles Draft is brought to you by Monster and 5 Hour Energy."

Geowhizzer

11pm hit and I just couldn't stay up anymore.  Too many early days and late nights for kids sports recently.

So I recorded and watched it while getting ready this morning.  This year the draft just felt... anticlimactic.

You all care.

Rome

I hate the fact that three networks cover this shtein now.  It was near perfection on ESPN about 15 years ago.  Saturday morning I'd be up at dawn getting ready for a draft day party.  The house would be clean, the grill would be clean, the coolers would be full of beer and there'd be the severed parts of about a dozen dead animals marinating in the fridge.  By 11:30 my home boys and girls would start arriving and by 3:00 there'd be 40 or 50 people playing beer pong or suicide croquet out in the yard and around the house.   shtein was perfect and then the NFL had to come along and farg it all up.

In short, farg you Goodell and thanks for having to bleed every last penny out of us as fans by turning the draft into an embarrassing fiasco.

/End Rant

smeags

rome - you're really starting to sound like the old guy on the street that screams at kids for walking on his lawn.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

I hear ya, Rome. We used to do a similar thing, but maybe with a slightly smaller crew. The draftniks would be huddled in front of the TV, throwing down bets on who the next draft pick would be, and the less intense of us would be eating, drinking, and enjoying the spring weather in the backyard until the Eagles selection rolled around. We really looked forward to that Saturday every year.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on April 27, 2018, 10:54:59 AM
rome - you're really starting to sound like the old guy on the street that screams at kids for walking on his lawn.

id say its the opposite

dook wants to have a black out fest for the draft