i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

yeah when they were on the wire and kima and lester couldnt figure out what they were doing

ice grillin you

From the Kansas City Star:
To me, what allows "The Wire" to surpass "The Sopranos" in the pantheon of greatest American TV shows is its ambition and its anger.

Newsday:
A critic for this paper once declared "The Wire" "the greatest dramatic series ever produced for television" and as the fourth season gets under way Sunday night, there's no reason to quibble with that assessment.

San Francisco Chronicle:
The breadth and ambition of "The Wire" are unrivaled and that taken cumulatively over the course of a season -- any season -- it's an astonishing display of writing, acting and storytelling that must be considered alongside the best literature and filmmaking in the modern era.

Chicago Tribune:
If you have only one hour a week for television, give it to "The Wire."

Philadelphia Daily News:
The best show on television.

Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
If there ever was a series that makes HBO a necessity, "The Wire" is it.

Entertainment Weekly:
The best series on TV, period.

New York Post:
One of the finest TV shows ever made.

San Jose Mercury News:
If you stick with it, you will be rewarded with some of the most compelling, provocative drama ever produced for television.

Washington Post:
So is "The Wire" as good as ever? Perhaps even better.

LA Weekly:
A vibrant, masterful work of art, HBO's novelistic urban saga The Wire is the best show on television.

Zanshin

But how do YOU feel, IGY?  Do you like this show, or something?

Seabiscuit36

This is the truth. 
San Jose Mercury News:
If you stick with it, you will be rewarded with some of the most compelling, provocative drama ever produced for television.

Sun's a bitch
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

From what I hear (I kind of have one contact) and have read, The Wire isn't even on the radar for Best Drama in the Emmy's. I say good. farg the Hollywood Jews.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

this weeks entertainment magazine on who they think should win emmys this year....

Best Drama
HBO's The Wire dredges the mucky working's of big-city Baltimore: drug dealers who are savvier than politicians, politcos with the cynicism of street-corner pushers, and, in last season's particularly gutting plotline, four inner-city schoolkids who stumble into very different destinies.  Additctive, thrilling, crushing, buoyant, dirty, utterly genuine - The Wire is television at it's finest.

Best Supporting Actor/Drama
We like Maestro Harrell.  Seeing as The Wire boasts an ensemble of 30-plus pitch perfect actors, it's hard to find a stand out.  But Harrell dominated the 2006 season with his performance as 14 year old Randy - a wiseass, hustling, joyful kid whose life goes off the rails.  Give this young actor some more work.  Now.

Seabiscuit36

QuoteBest Supporting Actor/Drama
We like Maestro Harrell.  Seeing as The Wire boasts an ensemble of 30-plus pitch perfect actors, it's hard to find a stand out.  But Harrell dominated the 2006 season with his performance as 14 year old Randy - a wiseass, hustling, joyful kid whose life goes off the rails.  Give this young actor some more work.  Now.
He has to get something, his characters demise was gut wrenching. 

Diomedes

Alrighty then.  I'm sure it will make you all sad, but since I have plans to watch this project from the first episode through the last (or whatever is currently available in DVD), I'm done reading this thread. 

I'd rather not read the spoilers.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

dio i would def recommend reading david simons book 'homocide' before watching the wire....it will give you tons of background especially in terms of police dept and street slang that will help in watching the show...in fact the opening scene from the wires first season is pulled word for word from the text of the book....by itself tho the book is an amazing read...especially so for someone living in baltimore such as yourself...im sure you can find the book at any bmore library

also the show is very complex and detailed.....its not a show like the sopranos that you can watch while flipping thru a magazine or cooking something to eat...i watch every wire episode at least twice before i see the next one...it rewards viewers who watch all the episodes and who rewatch episodes

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

I liked the Wire the first time I saw it, when it was called Homocide.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.