More Whining from Westbrook

Started by rjs246, September 23, 2005, 08:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

What you farging morons can't seem to grasp is the Eagles made Westbrook a very fair offer yet he chose not to sign it

fair to who??

just because the eagles deem it fair does not make it so

you really get upset when somebody critices your front office don't you?

its almost frightening isnt it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 23, 2005, 08:51:51 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 23, 2005, 08:48:41 AM
What you farging morons can't seem to grasp is the Eagles made Westbrook a very fair offer yet he chose not to sign it.

Therefore, from their perspective, they would be over-paying for him if they increased the contract offer and the Eagles simply don't do that.

If that upsets you, try sucking on a binky and curling up with your favorite blanky because the Eagles simply are not going to change their philosophy on paying players exactly what they think they're worth.

you really get upset when somebody critices your front office don't you?

I don't get upset about the contract squabbles of millionaires & billionaires.  In fact, I don't get upset about much of anything when it concerns the NFL.   If the Eagles win, I'm happy.  If they lose, I'm pissed off.  It's pretty simple.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 23, 2005, 08:45:40 AM
Apples to apples would be Westbrook to D. Davis, and those deals are comparable

are you kidding...a davis type back is a dime a dozen...hes a perfect example of why you dont spend a high pick on a rb or pay thru the roof for one...theres five backs in every draft that can do what davis does...westbrook on the other hand is a special player...yes hes perfect for the eagles system but thats why the eagles need to pay him more than someone like davis...

not to mention whos to tell westbrook that he couldnt carry the ball 20-25 times a game...thats just something teams throw out there so they dont have to pay someone as much as they should...

That's bullshtein.  I've been a supporter of Westbrook since people were crying for more of Buckhalter...so I understand what he can do.  But Davis is the same kind of back; and if you want to look at the stats, one could argue he's been more productive.  Stats don't tell the whole story though.  But if Davis were here, he'd be the same sort of back...and there's not a doubt in my mind about that.  Westbrook is very good...but let's not get carried away.  It's not like he's a guy who's going to run to get you those two yards you need on 3rd and 2.  He's a piece of the puzzle, and he's good at what he does.  He deserves to be paid...but the money he's been offered is good money for what he brings to the table.

SunMo

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 23, 2005, 08:56:25 AM

I don't get upset about the contract squabbles of millionaires & billionaires.  In fact, I don't get upset about much of anything when it concerns the NFL.   If the Eagles win, I'm happy.  If they lose, I'm pissed off.  It's pretty simple.

i think the fact that you need to insult anyone who disagrees with you shows that you get a tad defensive when somebody questions the Eagles.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Quote from: Zanshin on September 23, 2005, 09:02:47 AM
That's bullshtein.  I've been a supporter of Westbrook since people were crying for more of Buckhalter...so I understand what he can do.  But Davis is the same kind of back; and if you want to look at the stats, one could argue he's been more productive.  Stats don't tell the whole story though.  But if Davis were here, he'd be the same sort of back...and there's not a doubt in my mind about that.  Westbrook is very good...but let's not get carried away.  It's not like he's a guy who's going to run to get you those two yards you need on 3rd and 2.  He's a piece of the puzzle, and he's good at what he does.  He deserves to be paid...but the money he's been offered is good money for what he brings to the table.

I believe I just had several agreement orgasms. Gross.

Let them eat bootstraps.

hunt

did somebody here have the nerve to insult cap room? >:( >:(

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Zanshin

There's a party in my logic and everyone is coming.

ice grillin you

I believe I just had several agreement orgasms

you clearly have an agenda against athletes who want to be paid...which is better than being a front office whore...but still you dont count in these discussions
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

dom davis would put up tomlinson-like numbers in this offense.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MURP

kinda looks like they just rehashed old news for this article. 

rjs246

Quote from: MURP on September 23, 2005, 09:09:37 AM
kinda looks like they just rehashed old news for this article. 

Completely. I just like throwing rocks at hornets' nests.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 23, 2005, 09:02:58 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 23, 2005, 08:56:25 AM

i think the fact that you need to insult anyone who disagrees with you shows that you get a tad defensive when somebody questions the Eagles.

Excuse me but do you have anything of substance to offer to this discussion?

Care to discuss the merits/shortcomings of Westbrook?

Because if not you're just jerking yourself off at everyone else's expense here.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 23, 2005, 09:09:15 AM
I believe I just had several agreement orgasms

you clearly have an agenda against athletes who want to be paid...which is better than being a front office whore...but still you dont count in these discussions

I wouldn't call it an agenda, but I do find athletes' demands and pissing and moaning and crying to the media about whether they make $16 million or $18 million to play a game for a living repulsive. Hearing them whine as though anyone should care or feel bad for them makes my skin crawl.

Let them eat bootstraps.