SI.com: 10 Best NFL Safeties

Started by Diomedes, August 30, 2005, 07:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

According to Jeffri Chadiha, 2 of the NFL's 10 best safeties wear an Eagles jersey to work.

Dawk is ranked second (behind Ed Reed).  Lewis comes in at six.

Quote"Lewis is just like Dawkins because he loves to get up in the box and he's not afraid to cover people," says Giants running back Tiki Barber. "Having those two together really makes their defense tough because you can never get a good read on who's doing what back there."

Only one other NFC East safety makes the list (Roy Williams).  Sean Taylor just isn't impressing anyone who doesn't root for the Foreskins.  I think it's interesting that Mike Brown isn't listed.

There isn't much else to the "article."  It's one of those gimmicky pieces that you read in under two minutes.  But whatever.  They got it right.  Dawk and Lewis rock the NFL like it was their own back yard.  Glad to see some nice press for them.

btw, who is Jeffri Chadiha?  And what's with the ghey spelling of his name?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

It is a little hard to list Taylor after just one season, the guy is a phenomonal talent but he clearly has some off the field issues.  As far as the rankings I am with you on Mike Brown.  I also think that Dawk is the best, but I am a little biased.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Roy Williams shouldn't be listed either. He couldn't cover a parked car.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 30, 2005, 07:13:46 PM

amen.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

its reed dawkins and everyone else

what seperates reed from dawkins is his unreal big play ability...in his three years vs dawks ten he already has the same amount of touchdowns and has almost double the turnover return yards

he is simply amazing as a game changer....he single handedly won the skins game last year and has passed ray ray as the difference maker on that d
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

I'd have to agree. Ed Reed is a freak. He absolutely has the ability to change a game and shift momentum extremely fast.

Dawk is the man though. Philly couldn't ask for a better representative.  :yay

Geowhizzer

Agreed, IGY.  Ed Reed is head and shoulders about Dawkins.  Dawkins is head and shoulders above everyone else.

henchmanUK

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 30, 2005, 07:31:43 PM

amen.

He won't be anywhere near that list next year now they've taken the horse collar away.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

RezRob

Quote from: henchmanUK on August 31, 2005, 06:05:17 AM
He won't be anywhere near that list next year now they've taken the horse collar away.

Have you forgotten his new move the tongue pull where he rips recvrs tongues out. It was patented for TO again this year.   :yay

Ed Reed is awesome physically, but for intangibles I like Dawk a little more. He's meaner. Remember when he broke TOs collarbone before he came here? I also love the blatant way Dawk punches people as he tackles them. It's like he plays it off like going for the strip, but he srait-up cold-cocks them. Dawk is the SHTEIN.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

PhillyGirl

Quote from: henchmanUK on August 31, 2005, 06:05:17 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 30, 2005, 07:31:43 PM

amen.

Tell that to the ref who forgot about the rule in the Bengal game last week.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

RezRob

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 31, 2005, 10:09:50 AM
Tell that to the ref who forgot about the rule in the Bengal game last week.

I've seen it in a couple games and no refs have called it yet.  :boom
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

hkHog

Yeah, it happened in the 'Skins game too and it wasn't called even though Betts got his ankle twisted.

Beermonkey

Quote from: JailBird-man on August 31, 2005, 10:00:52 AM
Ed Reed is awesome physically, but for intangibles I like Dawk a little more. He's meaner. Remember when he broke TOs collarbone before he came here? I also love the blatant way Dawk punches people as he tackles them. It's like he plays it off like going for the strip, but he srait-up cold-cocks them. Dawk is the SHTEIN.

Yeah, when was the last time Reed suplexed someone?  ;)

phattymatty

QuoteLast season the Eagles asked him to play a more conservative centerfield-type role in order to help young cornerbacks Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown. Now that they've proven themselves, expect Dawkins to become a freewheeling defender again.

This part gave me chub.  Because it's true.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"