time to go on the record

Started by ice grillin you, August 11, 2005, 08:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2005, 09:07:16 AM
in a perfect world for us TO haters this would be lovely...
But that's the way it has to be.  The Eagles opened pandora's box - starting with Trotter (removing the franchise tag) and continuing with Welbourn and Bitchell - letting them talk their way off the team.  They have established the precedent that if a player wants free agency, all they need to do is bitch and whine to the press.  The only way they can hope to stop the trend is to end TO's career. 

It must stop here.  Contracts need to matter, and players need to shut the farg up and play, or this entire sport will go in the tank.  If the CBA isn't fair, then it should be re-negotiated (even the owners will want to re-negotiate it before it expires because the salary cap goes away in the next year or two).

Shut the farg up and play, or go the hell home. 

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Less than 16.  He will play for the Eagles this year but miss at least one game with injury to his groin or his ego.  He will not play for the Eagles in 2006 or beyond at this point.  IMO, It's unfortunate for him and the team.

MURP

link

QuoteBanner then said that Owens should understand his options: Play for the Eagles or don't play this season.

"We've been clear that the choices are to play under this contract or not," he said. "I'm not sure he still believes that, but we said from Day One that those were the choices on the table and he had to make a choice between one of those two things. That's not going to change.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2005, 07:47:01 AM
I can see him causing a seen on the sidelines with Ried and the coaches or even with DMac

no you cant cause he will never be on a sideline with reid or donovan again

Does that include if he comes back on Wed.?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

I have to disagree on that IGY. Reid ain't stupid. He knows that this team can't go into the regular season with a reciever corps that doesn't have over 50 regular season catches between them all. Much as I like Greg Lewis, I don't feel we can go into the season with him as our no. 1 and expect to get back to the Superbowl. The fact of the matter is, he wouldn't have even been told to come back on Wed. if Reid thought we could win the big one without him. We need him, bad, and don't think he doesn't know it either.