From the outside looking in....

Started by AutumnWind71, August 12, 2005, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueHeart

I think Moss is going to be quite happy with the Raiders. I don't see them having half the problems, on or off the field, as they did in Minny.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

AutumnWind71

Just like TO, give Randy time and he'll cause some ruckus.  He already pre-apologized for any antics.  lol

That's what I'm afraid of...all it'll take is a losing skid, and the sh*t will hit the fan.

On a side note, McNabb is certainly downplaying the situation and calling it exactly what it is: a soap opera and kiddie BS...I really like McNabb.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AutumnWind71 on August 13, 2005, 03:47:54 PM

Just like TO, give Randy time and he'll cause some ruckus.  He already pre-apologized for any antics.  lol

That's what I'm afraid of...all it'll take is a losing skid, and the sh*t will hit the fan.

On a side note, McNabb is certainly downplaying the situation and calling it exactly what it is: a soap opera and kiddie BS...I really like McNabb.

Me too!  :D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BlueHeart on August 13, 2005, 02:52:41 PM
I think Moss is going to be quite happy with the Raiders. I don't see them having half the problems, on or off the field, as they did in Minny.

LOL...wait until Porter starts getting the ball thrown to him a few too many times in one game.  :-D  You're delusional if you think for a SECOND that life will be better for Moss there.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

RomeyRome

IF the Raiders are winning it should be fine.  But when they struggle, and with that defense they should, then the finger-pointing will start.  Moss is going to a new team, with new coaches who have only heard about his efforts on the field, or lack of effort I should say.  When they see him dogging it for their own eyes week in and week out, and the team isn't winning it could get ugly.

PhillyGirl

Moss bitched and screamed about not getting the ball enough when he was pretty much the only option they really had in Minny (like in the playoff game last year). I can't even imagine, with having Porter there and Jordan (2 other legitimate threats) what is going to happen.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BlueHeart

Not delusional in the slightest.

Of course he's not happy when he feels he's not getting the ball enough. ALL receivers feel that way. Whether they verbalize it in the press (Moss, Johnson, T.O., Mitchell, etc..) or not is irrelevant just because we don't hear about it nationally.

I've hated Moss for many years. Many.

I'm not so stuck in his reputation that I can't see, other than some mild childish behavior (walking off the field), he seems to be, dare I say, maturing. Not even close to fully mature and probably never will be.

When he is content in his surroundings you don't hear a peep about him in the press. I think getting out of Minny, where he's been quite open about his dislike of all things Viking, was the best thing for him.

Which goes back to my original statement: I think Moss is going to be quite happy with the Raiders. I don't see them having half the problems, on or off the field, as they did in Minny.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BlueHeart on August 13, 2005, 05:55:41 PM
I'm not so stuck in his reputation that I can't see, other than some mild childish behavior (walking off the field), he seems to be, dare I say, maturing. Not even close to fully mature and probably never will be.

Because he's not running over meter maids or smoking blunts?

Dude walked off the field LAST YEAR. Threw a hissy fit in the playoffs on the sidelines.

What exactly have you seen from him to make you think he's matured since the last game of the season last year and the playoff game?

BlueHeart

I think him not running over meter maids alone is quite the step up. It is in my world.

It's what we HAVEN'T seen from him that enforces my belief that he's maturing.

If you can find two nationally hyped incidents from an ENTIRE season, hell the end in your instances, as opposed to 2-3 years ago when we were hearing about something assholish he did just about every week... again, a step UP.

Perhaps you're waiting to hear about him saving a kitten out of a tree? (Oh... Done. About 6-7 weeks ago, in that retirement community he lives in, in Florida.) I mean, seriously, I don't know what to tell ya... I don't base my opinions on what I hear from ESPN or the opinions of others.

Hey- if you want to really argue about our difference in opinion regarding a receiver, perhaps I should mention how I agree with T.O. on most of HIS side of the argument??

(Did I capitalize enough words to get my point across or should I go back and make it more strenuous?)

PhillyGirl

So the last 3 weeks of the year last year, he makes news with walking off the field, then his pretending to take a dump on the field (what some called mooning) at Lambeau and then his hissy fit in Phily.

I also especially liked his comments about the fine:

QuoteReporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, homey."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] ... Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

That was most definitely a guy who has matured.

BlueHeart

One person's "act of immaturity" is another one's "entertainment".

Were it Owens who did the mooning, and afterwards made light of the fine, would you have found it amusing? I mean, of course, before he became Public Enemy #1.

Didn't I see in some thread a whole lotta people crowing about him winning them over by the crap he pulled with the Dallas star? Yourself included?

If you're gonna condemn one player's celebratory antics then you have to condemn them all.

At any rate, I'm done. This is retarded.

PhillyGirl

Who ever said Owens was mature though? No one. Not even his biggest fans last year.

Funny, yes. Mature, not at all.

You're the one talking about him being mature since hitting the meter maid...its obviously not true when I can bring up the last 3 games we all saw him in...and there was an instance in each of those last 3.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BlueHeart

It's bad enough that this is retarded, but, I can't discuss/argue, what have you, with someone who isn't even reading what I'm writing before hitting the reply button.

Now I sure as shi... umm... shtein... am done.

So much for killing time while I await the return of the game.