time to go on the record

Started by ice grillin you, August 11, 2005, 08:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

its amazing how much one player can drain the excitement out of an upcoming season.  really right now with all this bullshtein, i really could care less about the eagles.  i just want the god-damn season to start and get passed all this.  If hes gonna be a fargin scab all year then pick the farger off.   :win
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

The Eagles were supposed to be finished when McNabb got hurt 2 years ago.  They were supposed to be finished when T.O. got hurt last year.  They were supposed to be one and done when Westbrook got hurt, when Hugh left for Jacksonville, when Bobby & Troy left for parts unknown, when Shawn Barber left for K.C., when Emmons & Mitchell high-tailed it to the vaGiants... on and on it goes...  yet somehow, they've managed to appear in the NFCCG four straight years and compile the best record in the NFL during this decade.

Apparently, the word "resilience" isn't in the haters' vocabulary.  They can all go farg themselves, for all I care.

I'll go on record right fargin now and say the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl in Detroit next February whether Owens is on the team or not.  It's our farging turn, dammit, and anyone who has a problem with that can see me outside in the parking lot.

:-D

ice grillin you

PS: Please add Greenberg to the list of people I'd like to punch in the fargin face.

and add the TO comments to the list of reasons why greenberg should be punched in the face

TO is gone...kaput...dead...done...over with the eagles...he will not play for them again

the question now is how to do it in terms of being as monotarily advantageous to the team and screwing TO all at the same time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

I think Owens, baring injury, will play the entire season.   Once again, what people fail to realize, is that the Eagles hold all the cards as usual.   If TO acts up the Eagles can take back part of his signing bonus, fine him, sit him, do whatever they want.   If TO wants to sit all year he isnt going to be getting paid,  which in the end, is his goal anyway.   The fact that TO is a "me first" type of guy pretty much garuntees he will be back following Reids rules, so he can collect his cash. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MURP on August 11, 2005, 10:13:45 AM
I think Owens, baring injury, will play the entire season.   Once again, what people fail to realize, is that the Eagles hold all the cards as usual.   If TO acts up the Eagles can take back part of his signing bonus, fine him, sit him, do whatever they want.   If TO wants to sit all year he isnt going to be getting paid,  which in the end, is his goal anyway.   The fact that TO is a "me first" type of guy pretty much garuntees he will be back following Reids rules, so he can collect his cash. 

No wonder I married you.  ;)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

my main question is this...other than not show up what does TO have to do for the eagles to have grounds to suspend him without pay...because cant he come back and be a total dick to the point where it pisses off and disrupts the team but not so much so that he can have money taken from him

thus the eagles could suspend him but it would be with pay...which is what TO wants...he knows hes not getting more money from the team so at this point i believe hes trying to get sent home but with his 3.5 mil in tow

id like to know the rules or scenarios where the eagles can send him home and not pay him

MURP

apparently the Eagles put clauses in his contract in which they could fine TO a lot of cash if he caused problems.   Im not sure anyone outside of the primary people involved like Banner know the exact rules... but im sure if TO chose to be a big internal distraction for a long period of time they could get money back from him.  Which obviously would not make it beneficial for Owens to be a prick at all times.

ice grillin you

of course i dont know what the contract says but im guessing it holds a continent sized grey area...an area that would be happily fought over by rosenhaus and the union..

im also quite sure rosenhaus has gone over it with a fine tooth comb and has told To how far he can and cant go

and because of this i belive the eagles should and will have to just suspend him with pay...and they should do that now...end all this garbage and move on

jeffreyjpa

I hear ya Murp, but he's been insubordinate to the coaches in front of the team, which is extremely destructive behavior. If we can believe what's been reported [just go along for the sake of the point], he's been very careful to walk just within the lines of what's allowed under his contract, which might be why the Eagles were careful not to use "Suspend" in their statement yesterday...as has been reported, a suspension could force an appeal from TO's side, which the Eagles want to avoid.

If the Eagles take back the $1 mil + roster bonus from last season, wouldn't they need to make him a FA to do so? I haven't seen anything written about that point.

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 11, 2005, 10:27:35 AM
of course i dont know what the contract says but im guessing it holds a continent sized grey area...an area that would be happily fought over by rosenhaus and the union..

im also quite sure rosenhaus has gone over it with a fine tooth comb and has told To how far he can and cant go

of course that is just as much speculation as saying that Ried and Banner know exactly when/what/how much to fine TO if need be. 

We will probably never know either side of it. 

phattymatty

He will play for us this year.  Regardless of how much of an ass he is, he's still one of the best WR in football.   Guys who have been on the Eagles for the last few Super Bowl runs realize that they need him to get there and they must, by now, expect TO to be a douche.

I'd be fine if they never let him practice with the team, made him workout on his own, and then just let him start on Sundays.  He'll still be the best WR on the field.

BigEd76

ice grillin you

of course that is just as much speculation as saying that Ried and Banner know exactly when/what/how much to fine TO if need be

this is irrelevant though because TO can act up to a certain point for free...where as the eagles can only fine TO after a certain point...TO owns the area btwn acting normal to being fined...in essence he controls what reid and company can and cant do to him

do the eagles really wanna play chicken with him...negatively effect the team for who knows how long just to take the chance they can eventually fine him...i dont think so...which is why i believe he will be gone sooner rather than later

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 11, 2005, 10:36:52 AM

this is irrelevant though because TO can act up to a certain point for free...where as the eagles can only fine TO after a certain point..

I agree, but we have no idea what that point is.  I mean, the clause wasnt put in there for no reason.  They knew what they were getting into in the first place or it wouldnt have been an issue.