Injury notes

Started by MURP, August 03, 2005, 10:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: MURP on August 03, 2005, 01:11:50 PM
Im doing juice and putting stickum on my hands this year.  look for me to improve.

Until your dome starts bleeding from hitting people with your horns I dont want to see your ass on the field.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: MURP on August 03, 2005, 01:10:37 PM
well Jackson was supposed to be the backup at C.  They released Ephraim, so im not sure who the backup C would be.  Not a big deal unless Fraley goes down, then it could be a huge deal. 

Wouldn't it be Dominic Furio?

MURP

didnt you guys like my hit on Lav Coles last year?!

rjs246

Quote from: MURP on August 03, 2005, 01:19:18 PM
didnt you guys like my hit on Lav Coles last year?!

Of course. It gave me double secret football wood for one of our scrubs to wound a Skin. It doens't mean I want you lead blocking or trying to catch for us. You've had your moment. Fade away.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mussa on August 03, 2005, 01:11:10 PM
I heard a bunch of shtein on comcast that Ritchie may not be able to play at all until week 6?  What the farg is that all about?  I saw clips of him running around?  As proud sponsor, I have no clue right now whats up with Ritchie.  I don't want to see Parry in the lineup. I mean no offense Murp, but i don't think u drastically got better from last year enough to take my boys job here.  Whats the deal?

They said IF they put him on the PUP, which so far, they don't plan on doing.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

Quote from: Mad-Lad on August 03, 2005, 01:18:23 PM
well Jackson was supposed to be the backup at C. They released Ephraim, so im not sure who the backup C would be. Not a big deal unless Fraley goes down, then it could be a huge deal.

yeah I guess it would have to be.   :paranoid

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 03, 2005, 01:49:40 PM

They said IF they put him on the PUP, which so far, they don't plan on doing.

So Diggler is out until week 6?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Depends if he was put on the active PUP list or the reserve PUP list. If he was placed on the reserve list, he's ineligible to practice or play for the first six games of the regular season.

Here is a good explanation of the PUP list:

QuoteNFL rules allow teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform." Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.

And another example using a specific player:

QuoteAccording to NFL rules there are two physically unable to perform designations, active and reserve. If Miller is unable to practice Saturday the Bucs likely will place him on the active list, enabling the team to evaluate his progress in camp and activate him any time before the final cutdown date.

After the final cuts on Aug. 31 the Bucs must place Miller either on the reserve physically unable list, on injured reserve or release him.

If on the reserve physically unable list, Miller must sit out six weeks of the season. The Bucs then would have a three-week period to evaluate him or activate him. Before the start of the 10th week the team must place Miller on injured reserve the rest of the season, release him or activate him to the 53-man roster.

"When you're on (physically unable to perform), you can't (practice)," Gruden said. "You can be in attendance, you can go to the meetings. There's still value there, not that our system is that hard, but he could sit in the meeting rooms and make the mental corrections. And with a veteran player, an experienced guy, sometimes that's invaluable."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Philly_Crew

Quote from: Mad-Lad on August 03, 2005, 01:18:23 PM
well Jackson was supposed to be the backup at C.  They released Ephraim, so im not sure who the backup C would be.  Not a big deal unless Fraley goes down, then it could be a huge deal. 

The Super Duper Secret Weapon?

T_Section224

someone asked about buck, here's what i saw today.  still moves with a noticable limp, but when he has the ball looks awesome.

i thought he was still hurt until he ran full speed.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

not to say you're wrong, but I remember seeing Buck when healthy and he walks like that, period. LOL...I remember thinking he was hurt but it was before his FIRST knee injury and he walked like that.  :-D

Wingspan

all those poor puppies
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 03, 2005, 01:57:09 PM
Depends if he was put on the active PUP list or the reserve PUP list. If he was placed on the reserve list, he's ineligible to practice or play for the first six games of the regular season.

Here is a good explanation of the PUP list:

QuoteNFL rules allow teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform." Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.

And another example using a specific player:

QuoteAccording to NFL rules there are two physically unable to perform designations, active and reserve. If Miller is unable to practice Saturday the Bucs likely will place him on the active list, enabling the team to evaluate his progress in camp and activate him any time before the final cutdown date.

After the final cuts on Aug. 31 the Bucs must place Miller either on the reserve physically unable list, on injured reserve or release him.

If on the reserve physically unable list, Miller must sit out six weeks of the season. The Bucs then would have a three-week period to evaluate him or activate him. Before the start of the 10th week the team must place Miller on injured reserve the rest of the season, release him or activate him to the 53-man roster.

"When you're on (physically unable to perform), you can't (practice)," Gruden said. "You can be in attendance, you can go to the meetings. There's still value there, not that our system is that hard, but he could sit in the meeting rooms and make the mental corrections. And with a veteran player, an experienced guy, sometimes that's invaluable."

Word.

Let them eat bootstraps.

T_Section224

i'm just saying....

like i said, when he touched the ball he looked awesome!

oh, and that kid (moats) who is the 'clone' of westy, let me tell you, he's so small they couldn't find him in the backfield if they wanted to, and EXTREMELY quick.  i like him back there.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

you gotta problem with the short folk?  ;)