This used to be our playground....

Started by PhillyGirl, January 28, 2004, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Bill

Quote from: dpierce on January 29, 2004, 12:59:14 PM
I guess G_F is gonna have to change the name of the site to GrassField.com...although the name could draw a few blunt smokers. ;)

Yeah, maybe Dio will come back.   ;D
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Rome

I attended the inaugural Phillies game at the Vet with my Dad in 1971 & the 2nd-to-last Phillies game with my daughter in 2003.  In between those two dates, I saw hundreds of Phillies games, countless Eagles games, and several concerts.  At one time, we all thought the Vet was the most beautiful stadium in the world.  Sadly, it became run-down & shabby towards the end.  Although jack-off Jeff Lurie once proclaimed the place a "dump" it was still our dump, and I, for one, am gonna miss seeing it when I drive westbound over the Walt Whitman Bridge from Jersey.

RIP, old friend.   :'(

Susquehanna Birder

I remember the game where Wendell Davis blew out both of his knees...simutaneously. :paranoid

There was a clip of that on the net somewhere.   :poison

thrillhouse

I see the liberty bell is still on top up there.

If that was gonna be destroyed, dont destroy it, give it to me!!  Ill put it in my backyard or something.

General_Failure

I guess G_F is gonna have to change the name of the site to GrassField.com...although the name could draw a few blunt smokers. ;)

If I didn't change it for this past year what makes you think I'm gonna change it now? And as far as your signature goes, I think you're going to have to amputate Gilligan. I'm not sure if it'll work, but I'm willing to risk your wang for the future.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Jesus...I feel bad and I'm not even there....but I was just thinking what I would feel if Dodger stadium suffered the same fate.

I would die.

Suddenly...I would remotely understand the cause of tree huggers.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Airborne Eagle on January 29, 2004, 07:56:32 AM
I don't see much of a difference from when I attended the games.  What gives?

Funny, yet not.   ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D

PhillyGirl

The Liberty Bell is going to be auctioned off on Friday, February 6th.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

dpierce

Quote from: General_Failure on January 29, 2004, 01:32:39 PM
...as far as your signature goes, I think you're going to have to amputate Gilligan. I'm not sure if it'll work, but I'm willing to risk your wang for the future.

Of course you are, but I'm not....however, I clipped my talons toenails the other day. I wonder how much mercy that act will generate from above (although mrs. dpierce was quite pleased and agreed to stay with me for another week).
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

General_Failure

Did you ever consider the possibility that not having your winky whacked is making the football gods angry? Get that thing Clipped before they bring bake Kotite!

Sgt PSN

I remember the game where Wendell Davis blew out both of his knees...simutaneously. :paranoid

Wendell Davis, that's it!  A friend of mine is a Bears fan and we were just talking about this the other day but neither one of us could remember the guy's name.  Thanks dpierce.    ;D

dpierce

Quote from: General_Failure on January 29, 2004, 02:00:12 PM
Did you ever consider the possibility that not having your winky whacked is making the football gods angry? Get that thing Clipped before they bring bake Kotite!

It just dawned on me that I already had my member clipped twice...once right after birth, and the other time was right after I got married.

It's all good! ;D.....:boom
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

General_Failure

What?! What the hell were you thinking? You cut too soon, and now the football gods are pissed! You friggin' moron! We're screwed and it's all your fault. All the dirty jokes in the world can't save us now. :)

Green/Silver

:'( Have plenty of good EAGLES memories in that building.

My favorite was crackhead M Irvin getting his skull planted and Sanders doing that ritual dance in the endzone. lol

Goodbye dear friend. I'll never forget the good times.  :'(
"If not us, who? If not now, when?" RWR

Don Ho

Great pics!  I had a very hard time watching Eagles games this year on TV.  I kept expecting to see the Vet and that ugly turf.  It was so weird watching the Packer playoff game.  I kept thinking it was in Green Bay - grass, football only statdium, fans close to the field........

As sick as it sounds I actually spent part of my honeymoon at the Vet.  I am not that sick - we actually were in NYC and talked my wife into going down for the weekend to see  the Packers/Birds back in Sept of 94 - "The Throwback" game.  Remember those horrible looking uniforms?  It was a great game the birds pulled out 13-7.  I am so glad I got to see Favre  Plus it was Reggie Whites return to Philadelphia.

I live in Hawaii and was born in Philadelphia.  My family is from Hawaii but my father was transferred to NJ.  I popped up in Gladwyne, PA. We moved back here when I was a year old.  I've bled Eagles, Sixers, Philles and Flyers ever since. During our visit to Philadelphia we couldn't have found people to be any nicer.  After a week in NYC, Philadelphia was like Mayberry.  Great city, people, food....  I really do get pissed when the press any other yahoos bash Philly.  I have nothing but good memories of the city.  I can't wait to take my son to a game at the Linc.

I agree, let's set up a site where we can post our memories and personal; pictures of the Vet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.