2008-09 Flyers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 13, 2008, 09:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 27, 2009, 12:32:05 PM
tocchet (goat athlete) will be on wip @ 1:30 to talk about his dead butt buddie

what kind of  apost is that?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

unbelievable tocchet interview....talked about how philly is the best sports town ever.....getting zezels sloppy seconds....debauchery at the shore and how he couldnt imagine being a phillie last year in this town

its podcasted on wip....the man is the ultimate philly legend and it definitely deserves at least one listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFVOL-BYgQ
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

he was awesome.  Really just oozed how much he misses philly
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

I LOVED that team.

Straight out in front to Propp, shoots, SCORES!

Pass..trying to find Propp again, the Oilers to the net, Daigneault shot....SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEE!

- Gene Hart.  :'(
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Propp was a monumental douchebag. 

PhillyGirl

back then? Or now?

He was always really cool when we met him at Kaminski's or anywhere else.

Rome

Mid 1980s.  He was an icehole of the worst degree.  He was a belligerent drunk and a mouthy, handsy motherfarger with women.  He's lucky someone didn't crack his head open in Margate back then.  Seriously.

Seabiscuit36

oh yeahs, Flyers are close to being chosen as the team to play in Fenway.  I'd be surprised if they chose DC as a market over Philly. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

They'd be choosing Ovechkin, not D.C.

QB Eagles

Do we even want the outdoor game at Fenway, knowing that it basically rules out the possibility of a record-breaking Beaver Stadium rivalry game anytime soon? The NHL (which wants the thing to be a major weekend- or week-long event) may never want a middle-of-nowhere college town to host it anyway. But, as a Flyer fan, I'd much prefer that matchup and venue.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 27, 2009, 06:50:35 PM
They'd be choosing Ovechkin, not D.C.

this

nhl is trying to become the nba by marketing players not teams

this doesnt 100% mean flyers wont be picked but it wont have anything to do with market...not to mention right now with the caps train on full steam ahead in dc the hockey market isnt that much weaker than in philly right now in terms of ticket sales and tv ratings anyway

Seabiscuit36

It'll be interesting to see what happens with these steroid allegations against the Caps. 

ice grillin you

i hope ovechkin gets banned for life

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2009, 08:04:20 AM
i hope ovechkin gets banned for life
it would explain the Acne outbreaks on the Caps

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***