FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Primeau and Hitchcock on returning to practice

Gagne and Esche on being back

CSN also asked Therien about the Eagles and he says they'll rebound.  I feel better now....

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 14, 2005, 12:44:47 PM

Primeau and Hitchcock on returning to practice

Gagne and Esche on being back

CSN also asked Therien about the Eagles and he says they'll rebound.  I feel better now....

Just what I need to hear:  Terry-Anne's views on the Eagles.

SD_Eagle5

My Mom just called me from the Wachovia center, they have a dinner every year for the suite owners (WMMR owns a suite). She met Parent, Joe Watson, and a shteinload of other players. They were raffling off items and she won an autographed Peter Forsberg puck (Mine now). Sweet.

rjs246

Does your mom need a date for next year's dinner? I'll only put out if she asks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on September 14, 2005, 08:55:43 PM
Does your mom need a date for next year's dinner? I'll only put out if she asks.

I'll keep you in mind. She took her ex-husband (Not the one I call 'Dad' either  :-X). He's a huge Flyers fan.

*EDIT* I'll be home next year so farg off. 

BigEd76

BigEd76

Yeah, so Kapanen apparently tore his shoulder up fooling around with a teammate and he's out 3 months, so we signed another old Coyote...  :P

PhillyGirl

Ick....

QuoteKapanen to undergo shoulder surgery Tuesday
By Tim Panaccio
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Incredibly, the Flyers have been stricken with another injury and it had nothing to do with training camp.

Right wing Sami Kapanen will undergo surgery Tuesday at Pennsylvania Hospital to repairs torn cartilage in his right shoulder and will be lost for at least 10 weeks.

Kapanen said he isn't sure, but he thinks he injured the shoulder nearly a month ago during a player scrimmage on his own when he fell to the ice.

Kapanen, Peter Forsberg (bursa sac surgery) and Derian Hatcher (torn left knee ligaments) have all suffered injuries outside of training camp.

"It was about three or four weeks back, I fell down," he said. "That has to be the one because I can't fingerpoint anything in the past three-four weeks of skating. It's been sore ever since then but I was still able to do the scrimmages."

Some days it hurt, some days he had no symptoms and the medical staff believed it was nothing more than a bruise. Trainer Jim McCrossin suspected something worse when Kapanen's physical showed he was losing strength in the shoulder. An MRI taken at Pennsylvania Hospital on Wednesday showed torn

But good....at least for the first couple of months. This guy is notorious for starting off REALLY hot and cooling off FAST in November/December. He'll work out just fine:

QuoteThe Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed 6'1", 200-pound unrestricted free agent left wing Brian Savage to a one-year contract, according to club General Manager Bob Clarke. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"We felt that he has been a really good goal scorer in the National Hockey League, has good speed and is a skilled hockey player," said Clarke in making the announcement. "Losing (Sami) Kapanen (due to injury) for at least two months leaves us shallow at forward, so we thought that getting a player like Savage would really help our team."

Savage, 34, did not play during the 2004-05 season. During the 2003-04 season, he recorded 16 goals and 16 assists for 32 points and 38 penalty minutes in 74 regular season games for the Phoenix Coyotes and St. Louis Blues.

Over parts of 11 NHL seasons (from 1993-94 through 2003-04) with the Montreal Canadiens, Phoenix and St. Louis, Savage has recorded 183 goals and 162 assists for 345 points and 293 penalty minutes in 608 regular season games. The five-time 20-goal scorer was originally drafted from Miami University by Montreal in the eighth round (171st overall) of the 1991 NHL Entry Draft.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteSavage, 34, did not play during the 2004-05 season.

The slacker took a year off?

Please, don't fail to see my sarcasm.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 15, 2005, 05:51:07 PM
QuoteSavage, 34, did not play during the 2004-05 season.

The slacker took a year off?

Please, don't fail to see my sarcasm.

Apparently, yes, he took a year off.  And I don't see a bit of sarcasm in that post.

PoopyfaceMcGee

(There was no NHL last year.  Most players took the year off.)

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 15, 2005, 06:07:02 PM
(There was no NHL last year.  Most players took the year off.)

:-D Did  you miss the sarcasm in mine?

Rome

Why would the Flyers sign a guy that took an entire year off?

This sucks!   :boom

PS: Lindros was available yet the Flyers didn't sign him.  Idiots.   :boom

PhillyGirl

Ed Wade must be sneaking into Clarkie's bedroom at night and brainwashing him.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

I thought this would open the door for Umberger to play wing.  Im still holding out hope that they make a play for Ryan Smyth.  I saw he just signed a 2 or 3 year deal but i was hoping that was just getting he set to move.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons