Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: New Green Monster on November 29, 2004, 03:25:23 PM
Me too PG, me too.  :-\

have you been watching the "Hungry For Hockey" stuff on CSN? Got to see game 6 of the Flyers/Tampa series last year that was won in OT by Gagne and then yesterday was the 5 OT game vs Pittsburgh...and a couple of weeks ago the clinching game vs. the Laffs from last year.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

NGM

I was but then it only made me more sad.  Mostly because it reminds me of how close the come every year. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MURP

PhillyGirl

*calling locksmith to change locks*

:spank
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

Better get the spot on the couch comfy when you get home, bro.

MURP

what did I do wrong!  just trying to cheer you guys up with some happy pics!

NGM

Quote from: MURP on November 29, 2004, 03:31:32 PM
what did I do wrong!  just trying to cheer you guys up with some happy pics!

Don't come back into town for Christmas.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Sgt PSN

:-D  That's funny Murp.

I saw on Sportscenter during lunch that the Phantoms have won 17 straight.  Pretty impressive. 

BigEd76

Yeah...and they lost last night....  :P

PG - did you catch the "Hungry" episode where Keith Jones ripped ass live on the air and Hound Kelly looked at him?  :-D  :-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 29, 2004, 04:55:14 PM
Yeah...and they lost last night....  :P

PG - did you catch the "Hungry" episode where Keith Jones ripped ass live on the air and Hound Kelly looked at him?  :-D  :-D

Phantoms lost last night? Grrrrr.....

Missed that....LMFAO....I wish I had seen it. Jonesy is seriously one of the funniest dudes I've ever heard.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The fans down here in NC are pretty pumped that the 'Canes are still undefeated this year.

PhillyGirl

Glimmer of hope for a shortened season?

With Philly's luck, we'll finally win something and it will be with an asterisk.  ::)

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 02, 2004, 03:32:10 PM
Glimmer of hope for a shortened season?

With Philly's luck, we'll finally win something and it will be with an asterisk.  ::)

We could have that extra ½ Cup like the Devils! :D

BigEd76

ESPN.com
TSN.ca

NHLPA offered the following today:

-- immediate 24% rollback on all salaries (saves $270M in the 1st year, $528M over 3 years), plus current free agents would be adjusted to the new salary structure (i.e. no $8M-$10M/yr contracts this year)

-- luxury tax system:

20 cents for every dollar between $45M-$50M in the first year, increasing to .25 and .30
50 cents for every dollar between $50M-$60M in the first year, increasing to .55 and .60
60 cents for every dollar over $60M in the first year, increasing to .65 and .70

-- new arbitration system similar to baseball (player wants X, team wants Y, arbitrator decides)

-- draft picks now capped at $850K bonuses for initial contract

-- revenue sharing to bring the lower 15 teams within 30% of the top 15

MDS

Roenick was on SC today, in the tease he said "This Jeremy Roenick, and I'm goin tell you why there won't be an NHL season...."  :P
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.