Tips to Get Single Game Tickets At Or Just Above Face

Started by ttllabtoof, July 28, 2006, 09:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttllabtoof

It is actually fairly easy to get tickets to the Eagles Games without having to break the bank.  For those of you who are interested, you can use these methods to see whatever game you want.  Of course, popular games like the Cowboys game this year will be difficult, but I would not target that one.  No ticket $65-80 ticket is worth $250, for that I'll sit in a local bar.  Remember the Seahawks game last season on MNF, people paid big buck for that game before the season started and then left at the half after the Reggie White ceremony.  Don't make that mistake.

1.  Never buy tickets more than 2 weeks before any game.  The week before the game, the prices drop significantly as out of state scalpers need to move them or eat them.  Plus paying $200 a seat in the upper level in August for a game in December may be a big mistake.  Depending on how the Eagles are doing those tickets could be had at face.

2.  Never buy from sites like RazorGator or StubHub.  They are fixed priced sites, with sucker prices.  ALWAYS use eBay, where the prices are much lower and the bids determine the final price.  Just be sure to check on the sellers feedback.  I've done 100s of transactions there and never had a problem.

3.  Use the completed auction search function on eBay to see what the tickets have sold for.  Just because someone is running an auction for 2 seats in the lower level end zone for $800, doesn't mean they are worth that.  If no one buys them, those seats will be back at a lower prices.

4.  Understand that as many as 6,000 tickets per game are being scalped.  Which means that there are alot of tickets out there.  The less people buy early, the more pressure on the scalpers to drop their prices.  Do not feel pressure to buy your seats early, there will be plenty the week of the game still around.

5.  GET ON THE EAGLES WAITLIST.  This is the Number 1 secret to getting tickets at face.  Every game last year had tickets made available directly from the Eagles.  After the Wait List site opened up, there were 100s of tickets at face for each game.  Most were loge seats and those End Zone Clubs that are a part of the Tailgate package that no one seems to be buying at $275 a ticket.  Even though there is no official list still 9 months after the Eagles said it would be done, just having access to the Wait List site, will allow you to pick and choose which games you want to see at face.  The number of tickets available may flucuate, but I am guessing that those 100s of tickets per game last season, were tickets that RazorGator was slid under the table and were not able to sell.  So they shuffled them back to the Eagles to sell to the "fans".

6.  Buying tickets early above face for the last game of the season is a big mistake.  The last three seasons running the last home game was nothing more than a preseason game as they did not matter at all to either team.

7.  You can use the unchecked scalping of tickets to your advantage, you can pick and choose the games you want to see, never have to pay to watch preseason games and never pay a PSL fee.  You can also decide where it is you'd like to sit and move around the stadium to see which view is your favorite.

reese125

did the Eagles front office fire you. Im trying to figure out hoe you know so much about the tickets

ttllabtoof

Quote from: reese125 on July 28, 2006, 10:19:02 PM
did the Eagles front office fire you. Im trying to figure out how you know so much about the tickets
Lets just say I've studied the subject for the last couple of years.  I go to all of the games I want to, and I would like to see regular fans be able to get tickets without lining the pockets of the scalpers, especially RazorGator.

Trust me these tips work and if I can help Eagles fans get Eagles tickets, that's my whole goal.  There is nothing in it for me.  Just info to help some folks out.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger