CF Financial

Started by hbionic, February 12, 2010, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Bill

I hear you.  After having done this for going on 20 years now I am getting pretty jaded...hearing rich folks bitch about losing $25k from their million dollar IRA gets a little old from time to time.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Geowhizzer

Money... what's money?

Diomedes

I'm about to pay off my college loan.  When I do, that monthly payment will be directed to a new retirement fund.  As it stand, I'm literally saving only $50 a month in an IRA.  That will go up to $200 in a year or so.  At 42 years old that's pathetic, but it's what I can do after paying tuition and mortgage.  With any luck, the rental house helps us in the long run.  I do have an all stock IRA from when I was corporate which is a small nest (80k or so current market) but I can't really bear to think about how far behind I am, so I don't.

I live close, save what I can, and hope for the best.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on August 17, 2017, 12:58:37 PMsave what I can, and hope for the best.

This is essentially my retirement plan.  :'(
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

The Orange fargtweeter trashed Amazon (an American company) yesterday and it lost $5,000,000,000 of its stock value.

Typically (meaning every other single time in history) a President would bend over backwards to avoid something like this happening.  Not this clown, though.   

Keep it up, icehole.  You might have ordinary retarded Americans snowed but if you start farging with millionaires and billionaires, you might end up leaving that 'dump' feet-first.

Geowhizzer

That stock market correction is coming, and it's going to be a nasty one.

PhillyPhreak54

But the market is up!

The only cry from Trumpers lately.

I winced when I looked at my stuff today. Not good.

phattymatty

it's def more gambling than investing, although possibly not much riskier than the real market right now, but I made about 20K in cryptocurrency (ethereum) in the last 10-12 months off a very small amount (like 500-600 bucks). it could disappear any second but it's nice to have. bought 50 shares at about $9-15 each and it's now at 300. was up to 420+ last month.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm mad I sold my BTC when it was at $1000.  :boom

phattymatty

yeah I try not to think about it. I had a ton of BTC about 2-3 years but started spending it on certain roads that are no longer in existence.

new crypto that i am in is called litecoin. bought some at 28 about 3-4 months ago and it's already up to 45.

PhillyPhreak54

I've never heard of that one

Gonna have to read up

The only reason I was into btc was because of online betting. Now that I have a bookie I haven't used it. Looked at Coinbase the other day and almost cried lol

phattymatty

coinbase sent me a threatening letter a few weeks ago that if I use any of it for gambling my account would be suspended.

Sgt PSN

Wait, are you investing in bitcoin?  How does that work?

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Rome on August 17, 2017, 07:54:49 PM
The Orange fargtweeter trashed Amazon (an American company) yesterday and it lost $5,000,000,000 of its stock value.

Typically (meaning every other single time in history) a President would bend over backwards to avoid something like this happening.  Not this clown, though.   

Actually, it happens all the time. Presidents, and prospective Presidents, all have certain policies that benefit some industries and not others. 
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

SD

Nobody cares but....

Paid off my student loans this morning

Liberating