The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

cmon nba...can I get some farging love here or what?

BigEd76

20 yrs ago today, Magic announced he had HIV

Sgt PSN

20 yrs ago today, "Magic Johnson" took on a whole new meaning.

phattymatty

there are only a few pop culture stories in my life where i'll never forgot where i was and that was one of them. getting my haircut while the old barbers talked about how they never would have guessed that magic was a fag.

BigEd76

I think the press conference was around 3 or 4 that day.  I had just gotten home from high school and was watching Scrabble or some lame shtein when they broke in to announce it

MDS

i for one want more stories about teenage easy watching horrible basic cable sporting events

no seriously. no sarcasm. i do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

that game show with Chuck Woolery

but if you want bad sporting events on cable, I did watch WLAF on USA Network.  I rule

hbionic

Chuck Woolery was the man.

I'm pretty sure he was part of the game show 'Rat Pack' which oddly enough, but not surprisingly, did not include Alex Trebec, or however you spell it correctly.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

Players reject latest offer today by the owners--which was critical for a 72 game season to start Dec 15th if accepted. Now they will file for decertification as well.

Awesome job. Goodbye season.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DH

only thing worse than the eagles shteinting the bed before thanksgiving is that there is no nba to fall back on

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteKris_Humphries Not Kris Humphries
No NBA, so if you wanna see sweaty black guys fight over access to a wide hole, you'll have to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians

lololol - fake acct but funny

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on November 14, 2011, 04:18:23 PM
only thing worse than the eagles shteinting the bed before thanksgiving is that there is no nba to fall back on

its terrible...i especially miss the west coast late night games when nothing else is on
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Even beside that and its a given--no Sixers games is just a horrible thought. While they are a heartbreak team to watch on many many nights, still so worth it to watch the development of some of those players.

I'm still thinking in a minor way Stern and the owners do a 180 here and come to a solution...but I'll hold my breath.